Where do you like to sit on a plane and why?

by Crumpet 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ideally a window seat in the emergency exit isle. I like to be able to watch the landscape pass by and the emergency exit isles are wider which gives me more leg room at an economy price.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Well....the very best seat is the front left seat.....the pilot in command seat.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

One reason to sit in the emergency exit rows... one airline that I am aware of - asks the individuals sitting in that row if they are willing to assist in opening the door, and evacuating the aircraft if necessary, etc.

I do not believe that they allow mama's with babies to sit in those rows - so this may be the row to strive for. Plus, some are over the wing area... this is usually the least bumpy... (I think).

I love flying... even through turbulence (sp?). I'm usually the one yelling "YEEHAW!!! Ride 'em cowboy!" as the plane bucks violently. *grin*

Enjoy your flight - and vacation to the states!

I am down here in San Antonio, TX - won't be there in Dallas.

Have fun!

Regards,

Jim TX

• blondie
    blondie

I like to sit inside the plane. Not over the wings.

• Brigid
    Brigid

definitely window seat so I can enjoy the fluffy clouds. Sometimes I pretend like I'm a magick butterfly who lives in a cloud city....*sigh* Oooh did I say that out loud??? Ahem...where was I? LOL!

I never pay attention to anything but the window. When my time is up, it's up. If I have to go while crashing on an airplane, well so be it--at least I will have my window seat LOL!

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I hate sitting over the wings,

I prefer a window seat, and I like watching the scenery and the ground, unless we're flying over water, then I dont care where i sit...

I like turbulence!

flying doesnt scare me at all, I love it...

• Gregor
    Gregor

anywhere in business/first class, but in coach - short flights: exit row isle for leg room and ability to stand quickly and retrieve carry on after landing. But on longer flights when I might want to sleep many exit row seats do not recline so I like an aisle seat near the front for quick exit on landing. But I am 6'1", you might not be bothered by the overhead bin.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Window seat so I can sleep more easily.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Any seat to your liking, BUT choose in front of the wings. In front of the wings mean in front of the engines. Tremendous difference in noise reduction. Of course if you have headphones or earplugs during the trip, then it wouldn't matter.

That is one major reason why first/business class is in the front of the aircraft. The other reason is for expedited disembarking upon arrival.

Choose bulkhead seats otherwise if you are in economy. It's more than just legroom. It doesn't give you the feeling of being cramped in. Plus you can get up anytime and move about. Window or aisle doesn't really matter to me if I'm sitting in a bulkhead seat next to an exit.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Gregor
    Gregor

Most comfy flight I ever had was Japan to SF up in the bulge of a 747 next to the window. There is a ledge running under the windows that you can actually stretch your legs out on. A priceless luxury on an 18 hr flight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit