Where do you like to sit on a plane and why?

by Crumpet 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Rear, right side, aisle seat.

Don't know why, just always do.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

The worse plane ride I was on, I was in the middle seat next to a very large man, he was half way over in my seat, wouldn't have been too much of a problem, except that he hadn't remembered deodarant that morning.

I like the window seats if I can see out, if it's cloudy, or flying at night, I'd rather have a isle an seat so I don't have to squeeze past people if I need pee.

lisa

• BFD
    BFD

I prefer to sit inside the cabin. It gets awfully windy if you sit on the wings. Seriously, I do prefer a window seat usually closer to the front of the plane. Of course I'd prefer first class but only had the opportunity to fly that way once.

I do not like to emergency exit seats like LT does because I always fear the doors will break open and suck me out but the extra leg room would be nice. I have an abnormal fear of flying and don't do it often but when I do, I like a window seat.

BFD

• free2think
    free2think

I used to like having the window seat, but only if I go with other people, as I hate having to ask people to move when I want to go to the toilet. The emergency exit is a good place as you can hav the window seat and there's usually enough space for you to get in and out with ease. If not then I like the aisle seat in the middle as I like to move around a lot.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Near the wings - that was the least turbulent place on the sizes of plane I've been on (not big!). I'd never want to sit at the tail end - although my dad used to say that was the safest part of a plane...

'why?' I asked ...

he replied 'Have you ever seen a plane reverse into a mountain?'

I guess he had a point...

• Dansk
    Dansk

I've never been on a long-haul flight. Claire and I are flying to Norway in 4 week's time but that shouldn't take more than an hour or so. I want to sit near a window but so does Claire, so I suggested I'll sit near the window going one way and she can sit near it going the other.

You've got me thinking now about noise and legroom. Claire and I are only short, 5 feet 5 inches each, but I'd like to stretch my wee legs, too. Guess I can put up with being cramped or hearing noise for a short trip but I agree it wouldn't be pleasant for a long-haul.

I wish you well, Crumpet!

Ian

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Last time I flew I sat next to a HUGE lady. She was unable to pull down the food down and my armrest next to her had to stay up. I've nothing against large people, of course, but I had an upset tummy and needed frequent trips to the loo. Every time I felt sick, I had to ask this poor lady (she was very patient)to get up and into the aisle, which took about 5 minutes. How I wasn't sick on her I'll never know! Luckily it was only a 4 hour flight!
    Therefore, I suggest an aisle seat!
    Have fun in Dallas!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Pre-flight jitters Crumpet? You'll be fine! Flying is safer the driving.

I prefer to sit inside the cabin. It gets awfully windy if you sit on the wings.

Now that's funny BFD!

Nvr

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Is this the time to mention the life-jackets under seats have never, not once, ever saved anyone in a crash that took place out of sight of land?

They're there to make you feel better...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Pre-flight jitters Crumpet? You'll be fine! Flying is safer the driving.

NVR - I think you missed my second post on the thread. No jitters - quite the contrary. I don't know if its just a freak of me but flying arouses me immensely so I'm actually really excited about it. No reflection on everyone I will be meeting but the journey and flight are my favourite parts of any holiday - not actually getting there or the destination - though they come a close second.

Abbaddon - it doesnt worry me at all. If the plane were to go into freefall I dont think i'd bother reaching for my jacket anyway - I think I would just laugh like a maniac and embrace my speedy death with the biggest adrenalin rush. Perhaps I would be frightened, but I dont really cling to life that much. I can take or leave it and if I have to leave it I'd much rather it was in a plane crash (as long as I didnt burn to death whilst conscious) than of old age. Anyway thats handy in case of the unlikely event of a plane crash - you can all have a big party and celebrate that I got my preferred choice of death, rather than commiserate over my passing.

Please dont take my comments as a death wish or a taking of life for granted. Its simply that I have let go my fear of death. My only fear was that people would forget me when I am dead. Well hey they forget me while I am alive - so there's nothing left for me to be afraid of that I havent already experienced! Just my own personal philosophy.

I find flying ridiculously thrilling, maybe I should fly more often and I'll stop getting so excited, but for now its about the most exciting thing I ever do. How sad am I!

I'm not a yo yo - a couple of trips from my seat to stretch my legs and use the rest room is fine. I dont mind asking people to move - I dont like me being asked to move all the time though - so window is definitely best.

Dansk - I think you'll be fine - its not as cramped as a bus for instance. I'm about the same height as you guys and I never find leg room a problem at all . I tend to be a figetty and sit with chin on my knees a lot and feet on the chair. Take flight socks to improve circulation in your legs though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit