Where do you like to sit on a plane and why?

by Crumpet 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm trying to decide where I want to sit on the plane to Dallas - I can choose online 24 hours beforehand but am not sure where is best for comfort, quiet, service, view. Is there anyway of predicting where any babies might be so I can be as far away as possible from them?

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/managebooking/public/en_gb?eId=104504&source=mmb_tab_ob

The plane is a 777 and you can click on the link above to view a cabin demonstration of the layout.

Does anyone have particular preferences like aisle of window, near exits etc, front or back, near the toilets, away from the toilets?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

getting nervous hon?

• Jourles
    Jourles

If I have upgrades available or if asking the ticket counter person nicely gets me into 1st/biz class, then that's the spot. Otherwise, I'll always ask for an emergency exit row(legroom).

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Next to the pilot!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

No not nervous! I love flying! Its my favourite part of my holiday usually! From the orgasmic rush of take off to being waited on all day long to looking down on marvellous patches of earth and sea that I might never see otherwise and watching movies and reading books and observing people at close quarters but not having to speak to them - I love the whole shebang. I always said that if I were to die in a plane crash that would be fine because I am at my happiest off the earth.

But I dont like feeling uncomfortable and hate noise like babies crying for ten hours next to me.

I just found a marvellous site for anyone undergoing a similar problem called seat guru - gives you the layout of all the models with various airlnes!

http://www.seatguru.com/help.php

Does anyone else love flying or do you consider it a necessary evil? whats the longest anyone has had to fly and your worst flight experiences?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I don't think there's any foolproof way of avoiding crying babies. Better to buy some good headphones--no earbuds, but good, outside noise-canceling headphones--and plenty of good music to jam to.

• why144000
    why144000

I like to sit on the aisle in business class, close to the front. Upstairs on a 747. I am right handed so I like to sit on the left hand side. That way I can work on my computer with my right hand and have my wine glass in my left. This way the flight attendant sees that it is empty and refills it quickly.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bulkhead or emergency exit, for the legroom. Window seat, so I can lay my head against the wall and nap, rather than against a fellow traveller. Away from the restroom to give me a chance to stretch my legs midflight.

There's rarely that much to see, the restrooms can start to smell and if you crash you're unlikely to be around to open the exit, so the more obvious reasons for taking such seats are lost on me.

LT, of the "pragmatist" class

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Why144,000 - I like you're comprehensive thinking on the matter! I am ambidextrous and I never drink when flying (well maybe a little bloody mary half way through).

I do like to be near a window for view of the clouds if nothing else. But I also like to be there so I can lean against the wall rather than a fellow passenger - obvious if you LT were my fellow passenger I'd probably lean on you! ;-) I don't need lots of leg room as I am short, but arm room I do like as I am wide!

I did think of getting those headphones but then I'll be watching movies all the way anyway so I'll just hope they put babies in the middle section. I don't think babies should be allowed to fly until they can sit quietly - but that's my JW taught KH training for ya!

• The Humper
    The Humper

next to the window to look outside during take off and landing, then to sleep on whil in flight. and emergency exit row for leg room. im 6'2" so its nice to be able to stretch my legs out.

i think thats one of the only good things that came from being a very young jw. as a kid i was able to sit very still very quietly at docotrs offices and the like. i dont want my kid to be raised a jw but it would be nice for him to kearn how to sit still and quiet when going places like that, without having to puich him to much so he gets the disicpline to sit still.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit