Where do you like to sit on a plane and why?

by Crumpet 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I like the rows right behind the wing. The airframe is strongest, with some big bulkheads and lot's of extra structure in that area..just in case the worst happens those rows are the place to be.

Window if I can get it. Aisle if not. I dont like the center section in 747's and the other superliners.

~Hill

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Personally I've always enjoyed sitting near one of the wings, seems more stable there I guess.

whats the longest anyone has had to fly and your worst flight experiences?

My longest flight was to Paris and it wasnt bad at all. But my worst had to be flying up from Florida one time. We hit a ton of turbulence for much of the flight and they kept piping Buddy Holly music through our headphones!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I might be too late for this instance, but you might want to check out (next time) http://www.seatguru.com, which would show you exactly how much legroom you would have and what kind of amenities you would expect for your flight.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Daystar:

Yes. I like to start with thetoes.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Longest flight:

About 12 hours, if I recall correctly, with unfavourable winds. From London, up over Greenland and Canada, before tracking the Eastern coast of the USA and landing in Miami Florida.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Longest flight:

About 12 hours, if I recall correctly, with unfavourable winds. From London, up over Greenland and Canada, before tracking the Eastern coast of the USA and landing in Miami Florida.

Drunk pilots eh?! leolaia - thank you - I found that site seat guru this morning. It is excellent. Unfortunately I thought we were looking at the plane with the bottom of the picture being the front of the plane and the top of the picture being the back, when its completely the reverse. I mean come on - they should have put front end and rear end on the damn diagram if it wasnt clear! Luckily I havent booked my seat yet but I know which one I want. (The one next to Brigid!)

• daystar
    daystar

Daystar:

Yes. I like to start with thetoes.

Yes, tis especially delicious when they squirm and wiggle in my mouth. LOL! Am I taking this just too far now?

Your toes are safe, LT, unless you've recently shrunk to only a few cm and grown wings, and changed gender, and sprouted hot little fairy stems.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Yes, tis especially delicious when they squirm and wiggle in my mouth. LOL! Am I taking this just too far now?

Your toes are safe, LT, unless you've recently shrunk to only a few cm and grown wings, and changed gender, and sprouted hot little fairy stems.

LMAO daystar. Have you and Brigid watched Pans Labrynth yet? If not please go and rent it and watch it. Its a bit scary, a lot beautiful, very violent and you'll know why I recommended it on the basis of the above statement about half way through!

I may be all alone - but it doesnt stop me taking pleasure in the idea of you love birds out there getting cosy together!

• pollyana
    pollyana

Cargo hold. No screaming kids. Lots to do. Many interesting things to check out.

• Xena
    Xena

bulkhead, more leg room. Aisle seat, I hate being boxed in.

Worst flight? Coming back with my barfing daughter from Britain. It was a L O N G flight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit