2007 District Convention to hammer apostates?

by yaddayadda 45 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Like any good JW, I used to ask: "if those friends can't be faithful in what is least, how are they going to be faithful in what is great? Those friends are in for a rude awakening at the Great Tribulation!" LOL

LMAO! I couldn't help but think the same, Arthur.

And yes the black unicorn is on a roll, anewme.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I wonder why the arent afraid of loosing their crowd after the first talk, Do Not Follow False Teachers?

They sound very blind and arrogant.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Willyloman, I just gotta be thinking the bosses are gonna keep on the same plan they are on. If anything they're gonna tighten things up a few notches because this tight ship is working. Shunning isn't punishment for us, it's protection for them. It's not to keep us from talking, it's to keep them from listening and it's pretty darn effective, at least is has been in my world.

• Bryan
    Bryan

They know we are their biggest threat as we expose what they call "The Truth".

Bryan

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

A convention program for this year that would "hammer apostates" would make it different from the 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, etc. etc. conventions how?

The "Korah" drama from the 2001 DC was when I finally said to myself, this apostate hysteria has gone too far, what is it that they're so damn afraid of? I can't see how dubs can stand this shit, year after year.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

What really used to crack me up was when the chairman would ask the friends not to use flash photography during the drama; as it disturbs others, and it has no value in a large venue.

Gee, what do you think happened next? Flashes everywhere. I remember how I used to curse those friends under my breathe. Like any good JW, I used to ask: "if those friends can't be faithful in what is least, how are they going to be faithful in what is great? Those friends are in for a rude awakening at the Great Tribulation!" LOL

(Arthur: a member of the sanctimonious anti-flashbulb class)

For me that was the highlight of the assembly. It was the perfect opportunity for me to look down my nose at the brothers™ who were using flashes. It made me feel superior to them, and more holy. Even elders were using flashbulbs, and I fantasized about sipping a cold beer while watching them scream and convulse as they were burning and melting at armageddon. Yup, being a JW sure taught me to love my fellow man, "especially those related to me in the faith." W

• horrible life
    horrible life

Calling Dad on phone tomorrow:

Dad, its me, please don't hang up. I have a big problem. Your only granddaugher, has run away from home. I can't believe it!!!! I am going crazy!!!! I don't know where to start. She has been associating with, what I thought were, very nice people. My husband and I have been working so much, we haven't been home much. I was very happy she found nice friends.

She started acting a little different, but was still doing her school work and chores. I didn't think anything much about it. Now she is gone. I found out where she is. She is in a cult. Please help me. When I went to see her, she wouldn't have anything to do with me. She just kept saying the same thing over and over.

Do Not Follow False Teachers
    Do Not Follow False Stories
    Keep Following The Lamb Wherever He Goes
    My Sheep Listen To My Voice ... and They Follow Me
    Help Them Return To The Flock

She is acting demonized. She almost bows down to the leaders. I should not have left Jehovah's house. Please come and help me get her away from these people. She is being brainwashed!!!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Let me try to define it (Blondie-style)

Do Not Follow False Teachers
    That's anyone they haven't quoted, or it's the teachings in context that they have quoted.
    That would be scientists, journalists, priests, doctors, psychologists, school counselors, professors, authors

Do Not Follow False Stories
    That's any story that disagrees with the WT, or offers anything negative about Jehovah's Witnesses.
    That especially includes former members stories, even if corroborated.

Keep Following The Lamb Wherever He Goes
    The Lamb goes to the Governing Body first, so just ask them and they'll tell you where he goes.

My Sheep Listen To My Voice ... and They Follow Me
    Really no different than following the Lamb, but specifically, our voice comes through the literature, and
    the CO's and the elders.

Help Them Return To The Flock
    Shun them- totally. Don't let them see their grandchildren and cut them from your will.
    Every once-in-a-while, invite them to Special talks and memorials and conventions. If they come,
    tell them they now have to go to at least 4 out of 5 weekly meetings to get back in your will.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Gee, what do you think happened next? Flashes everywhere. I remember how I used to curse those friends under my breathe.

HAH HAH, that always bothered me too, while I was in and now that I'm out. It still bothers me.

How retarded are these people? Do they honestly think nobody's going to notice the huge burst of light emanating from their seat, directly after they were instructed to avoid such behavior?

+ =

Oh well, nobody said you had to be intelligent to serve Jehovah.

• 5go
    5go

What really used to crack me up was when the chairman would ask the friends not to use flash photography during the drama; as it disturbs others, and it has no value in a large venue.

Gee, what do you think happened next? Flashes everywhere. I remember how I used to curse those friends under my breathe. Like any good JW, I used to ask: "if those friends can't be faithful in what is least, how are they going to be faithful in what is great? Those friends are in for a rude awakening at the Great Tribulation!" LOL

(Arthur: a member of the sanctimonious anti-flashbulb class)

I remember recently a photographer from the local news paper was taking pictures during the program with quess what ? by the way it does make a diffrence even in a large venue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit