2007 District Convention to hammer apostates?

by yaddayadda 45 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

This years "Follow the Christ" DC looks like it is going to be focused on avoiding all those evil apostates and their falsehoods, judging by some of the DC talks listed on the back of the June 2007 Awake!:

Do Not Follow False Teachers
    Do Not Follow False Stories
    Keep Following The Lamb Wherever He Goes
    My Sheep Listen To My Voice ... and They Follow Me
    Help Them Return To The Flock

Can't wait.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Good! Maybe that will keep those lying JWS off the Prince board. Claiming they are only there for the music. lol

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks yaddayaddayaddayaddayadda! That information sounds decidedly delicious!

Nvr

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

yaddayadda

I know I won't be there. Who wants to be outside in July with 100 degrees frying your brain? All the elderly and important Witnesses are sitting in air conditioning while the rest are baking in the sun with heat strokes. And don't forget to pack your cooler and save seats for friends and family. And don't forget the concluding prayer which lasts about 20 minutes.

• Chameleon
  • TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    Do Not Follow False Teachers
    Keep Following The Lamb Wherever He Goes
    My Sheep Listen To My Voice ... and They Follow Me
    Help Them Return To The Flock

Interesting. I wonder which one of those will be the main discourse for Sunday afternoon???

And don't forget the concluding prayer which lasts about 20 minutes.

Amen brother...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    And don't forget the concluding prayer which lasts about 20 minutes.

25 minutes where I used to go. Nice walk down memory lane RULES & REGULATIONS!

Nvrgnbktdstrctcnvntn

• Arthur
    Arthur

I bet the borg is very well aware of Raymond Franz's books being promoted and discussed on the internet. Crisis of Conscience has indeed had a huge impact. The internet is no doubt chipping away at their credibilty. They can't keep secrets anymore. I'm sure this convention is an attempt to shore up the support of their members still reamaining in the organization.

• garybuss
    garybuss

These guys running the Watch Tower Corporation keep surprising me. I'm actually pretty impressed. They built and paid for a whole city at Patterson after the donation agreement came into use, and now they have approval to build a whole New York city block worth of apartment buildings.

They built that huge new building at Wallkill and loaded it up with new German made printing presses. They cut costs by printing flyers for mass distribution drives instead of books, by printing paperback books rather than hardcover, and quitting mail order subscription service. Smart!

They cut food service at conventions and shopped for deals on convention sites as well as hotel incentives. They started accepting credit cards for donations and they've increased the efforts to solicit donations from members.

They tightened up on the shunning and college job training and loosened way up on blood medical treatment, voting, and alternative military service. They've increased members and increased their net worth by a LOT since 1990.

The present plan to replace perfectly good Kingdom Halls with new ones is sheer genius, and the insurance business is beautiful. That's gotta be one fat cash cow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit