2007 District Convention to hammer apostates?

by yaddayadda 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Well given that program I would say that you should expect a few more sign-ups on the board where the leash is just tightened a bit too much for some folks to handle.

I'm going to rest my hope on the splitting of the Watchtowers though. Once that occurs I think that the Faithful and Discreet Slave will become alot less discreet and come out and say exactly what they mean. I'm expecting literally outlining of what is a yes you can do and what is a no you cannot do.

*crosses fingers* I'm ready for witnesses to make their superman come-back "I've had about all I can stand, and I cant stands no more" *points finger at FDS* "YOU!!!!" *three punches, shoot off, big boot, legdrop, cover for the 3 count* (Every finish to every Hulk Hogan match BTW, sorry I have to use examples that I know about LOL)

• moshe
    moshe

Looks like I better get my hard hat out of storage

At least Rutherford milked it for some good stuff, Beth Sarim, bootleg whiskey, trips to Germany, female assistants,16 cyl Cadillacs, etc.

I am still trying to figure out what the GB get out of this charade- Lawyers I can understand- they get bigg $$, but the old GB geezers get only a power trip from their game. I guess that must be enough for them. A sad lot, they are.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Old geezers in any religion get more religious as they approach their death.... Add to that formula, a self-righteous JW

Skeeter

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I am still trying to figure out what the GB get out of this charade

Moshe, they get a huge power trip. When they are still young enough, they get a reward for all the years
    they were tricked into slaving for WTS as special pioneers and District Overseers and the like- They get
    to stylishly travel the world. They give a few talks and have everybody hanging on their words. Instead of
    eating the Bethel food, they get restaurants and parties get-togethers where they are the center of attention.

After all those years, the reward is great to them. Also, if they don't go along, they have no pension, no
    real savings, no house in the country, nothing.

Sitll, evil is evil. Once they know things are wrong, they should at the very least put on pressure for change.

• Mary
    Mary
    Arthur said: I really miss those fantastic dramas with their natural, life-like dialogues, and their awe-inspiring special effects.

Here ya go Arthur....Jes for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrGv1v9wWMU

Should win a couple of Oscars.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Shunning isn't punishment for us, it's protection for them. It's not to keep us from talking, it's to keep them from listening

Worth repeating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit