2007 District Convention to hammer apostates?

by yaddayadda 45 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Nothing changes...much. I recall my last convention: Early December, 1981. I recall the costume drama even more vividly: It depicted Miriam and all the other complaining people who began criticising Moses as they trekked on and on in the wilderness. The anti-apostate commnetary seemed hard-hitting enough, making explicit mention of apostates and complainers. Talk about overkill, I thought at the time.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I wonder...is it worse to know you're going to have a terrible time at the convention? Or is it better to be suprised by the lousy program?

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I remember recently a photographer from the local news paper was taking pictures during the program with quess what ? by the way it does make a diffrence even in a large venue.

Written by a real trooper who wears a helmet to school and who is probably an excellent T-ball player.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The "Korah" drama from the 2001 DC was when I finally said to myself, this apostate hysteria has gone too far, what is it that they're so damn afraid of? I can't see how dubs can stand this shit, year after year.

WOW ditto same exact Korah gang 1979 DC

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    Do Not Follow False Teachers
    Do Not Follow False Stories

Surely that should read Do Not Follow OtherFalse Teachers
    Do Not Follow Other False Stories

They are already following false teachers and believing false stories,
    they're jws after all.

dedpoet

• jeanV
    jeanV

may I join the club of the flash haters?

And don't forget the concluding prayer which lasts about 20 minutes.

always loved it , even more ever since I have kids that cry from the first to the last minute. BTW what did Jesus say about lengthy prayers?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Help Them Return To The Flock

i'm quite sure that after the convention justification will be forthcoming on why everything else is absolute law...but this can be ignored

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

They fear what they know can hurt them.

• zack
    zack

They all fear THE TRUTH

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Do Not Follow False Stories
    That's any story that disagrees with the WT, or offers anything negative about Jehovah's Witnesses.
    That especially includes former members stories, even if corroborated.

That reminds me of my JW husband's reaction the very first time he read one of Blondie's reviews. He said, "I'm never reading that again! It's all critical!" I said, "That's why it's called a critique, honey." He all but put his hands over his ears, eyes screwed shut murmuring lalalalalala.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit