• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

To each, his own.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Partake in what?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Some day, there will be no opponents; everyone will be on one side, Jehovah's.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Insults don't show respect.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I'll leave it at that.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Yes, they were.

And I will as well leave it at that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...Fred..So many posts and you say nothing!..You`ve side steppped everyone..Is there some reason you post like a retard???...OUTLAW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Fred, what a retard you are! Let me repeat my questions...

What attracts you to the JW religion?

How do you look past doctrinal flip flops and previous failed prophecies?

What is your take on blood fractions? How do you feel about Watchtower rewriting history to make their 607 BC / 1914 AD theory work?

Do you believe Jesus chose Watchtower in 1919 and what's your proof?

Could you please explain the seven trumpet blasts in Revelation and how Watchtower applies that to them during the late 1920's through early 1930's?

Are you satisfied with Watchtower's change to the meaning of "this Generation" in 1995? Why?

And this is how you answer me?

to jayhawk1:

To your first question: What I hear at their meetings and see in their publications (including the NWT).

Your other questions remind me of the answer that the discreet virgins gave to the foolish ones at Matthew 24:9.

You fool! That's the best you can do? You've made it clear to the world the Jehovah's Witnesses are not the true religion!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Fred,

Are these the kind of non-responses we can expect from you for all our questions? What exactly were your "modest intentions of this thread" that remain "unfulfilled?" Most of us used to be Jehovah's Witnesses. Did you expect that we would ask you things you could answer from the Reasoning book? The only people who would ask such insipid questions are the people who have never been inside your favorite cult.

You did not answer my question at all, which I thought you intended as the point of this thread. I accurately rephrased the doctrine that only those awaiting the bridegroom with filled oil lamps when his parousia began in 1914 could have constituted the faithful and discreet slave at that time. I also stated that the Bible Students believed Jesus' parousia began in 1874 (which is a well-documented and easily proven belief).

Then I asked you whether it was remotely possible that someone would still be hopefully in expectation of an event 40 years after they believed the event occurred.

You responded: "We often wait for a long time, only to find out that what we waited for happened long before."

What? Let me try to reframe the question in the style of the non-response you gave. Maybe you can grasp the question better that way. Barring the mentally ill, do people often wait expectantly for something they believe has already happened?

You see, Fred, if they were provably not waiting for the return of Christ in 1914 (and that is extremely easy to prove) then they were not the wise virgins in 1914. That is why it is such an important question. If their current doctrine is correct then their own publications from the era in question prove beyond any doubt that they are not (and never were) the wise virgins. In other words, any truth they have is accidental—not the work of God. In other words, they are just another religion.

—AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Fred: Some day, there will be no opponents; everyone will be on one side, Jehovah's.

Ah, yes. And in this idyllic world where everyone believes and thinks unanimously no one will ever be able to beat you in an argument because they will all agree with you. I can easily see why something so self-centered and fleshly would appeal to you. No one to check your hands, no one to challenge your thinking, and plenty of unsuspecting prey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit