I'm a Liar

by Perry 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Just as the GB of the 1st century CE gave the ruling found in Acts, chapter 15, so the GB of the 20th gave the ruling that applies now. And in case you have a problem with the term Governing Body, the Greek term generally translated as "taking the lead" (such as at Hebrews 13:17) may also be translated as "governing", as the NWT Reference Bible bears out (in using the noun-form Governors in its footnote).

• vitty
    vitty

Isnt that called going beyond what is written??

As for the what was written in Acts, ....................it WAS written in the bible, this new "ruling" is written in the WT.....................as for a first century GB, thats another topic.

So you would rather obey a few men in New York, whom youve never met., than obey and believe, what Paul wrote in Ephesians 4v 4--6

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

There needs to be a modern ruling for modern phenomena. This allows Ephesians 4:4-6 to remain true. See my previous post for the issue of my understanding of the functionally-appropriate term "Governing Body".

• Zico
    Zico

Fred, Does this mean that you would listen to the Governing Body before the bible?

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

There needs to be a modern ruling for modern phenomena. This allows Ephesians 4:4-6 to remain true. See my previous post for the issue of my understanding of the functionally-appropriate term "Governing Body".

Fred,

Fred it is 2007. So far, nothing has happened that this offshoot of the Millerites has predicted. The only thing they can claim is their own self fullfilling prophecy's based on interpreting scripture to serve their own means. The GB are self appointed.

If a "witness to the world" was to be made in these "modern times", then it certainly wouldn't be by the vaccuum cleaner door to door salesperson method used 80 years ago.

It's 2007. The WTS needs to come up with some "new light" to propell them into the 21st Century.

• Perry
    Perry

Fred,

Until you get to the part highlighted below you'll remain a moral failure. You simply cannot generate this kind of success in your life. Every experience in you life tells you this. The highest that a person can get without Jesus living inside them as he did Paul is simply to imagine himself more righteous than his neighbor..... which of course is just another sin. Sin is your master.... you cannot escape its dominion. There is only one way.

The Solution (Galatians 2: 17-21 The Message)

“Have some of you noticed that we are not yet perfect? (No great surprise, right?) And are you ready to make the accusation that since people like me, who go through Christ in order to get things right with God, aren't perfectly virtuous, Christ must therefore be an accessory to sin? The accusation is frivolous. If I was "trying to be good," I would be rebuilding the same old barn that I tore down. I would be acting as a charlatan.

What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" so that I could be God's man. Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.

Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God's grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.” – The Apostle Paul

Why in the world would you continue to reject Jesus? The answer is from your own mouth..... you do not belong to him. Instead you seek another route to God and Life.

"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.

Since you seek to enter in among God's sheep through another gate (Jesus), by another gospel (Paul's above), don't you think that it is high time that you stop reading again before your fairy tale of righteousness you spew gets damaged by the searing heat of the Word?

You follow a hired hand plain and simple, not the owner of the sheep. That is why you cannot recognise his voice. That hired hand slaps you around. Your ego feels righteous when it gets manhandled by three retards who also have learned to reject Christ with a straight face.

Instead of making your food the doing of Jehovah's will (surrendering your soul (psyche) to his Son), your food has become the excrement of men, which you apparently gulp down on a regular basis as you so proudly shut your mind off from his Word.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I would take what they say and filter it with my knowledge and understanding of the Bible and its principles. Hopefully I would apply it accordingly. I'm working on that part.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

To Who are you?

It certainly is 2007, if we use the Gregorian or Julian calendars. If we use a Jewish or Muslim calendar then it's not 2007.

"Offshoot of the Millerites", "the only thing they can claim...", "self-fullfilling prophecies", "self-appointed" are your own characterizations, not mine.

Perhaps the vacuum-cleaner salesmen of 80 years ago just went door to door because it was still a less secular culture then.

We'll have to wait for the next WT publication for "new light". It's either that or wait for the "new scrolls" to come. You'll have to work with something till then, and so will I. For me, it's the Bible and the current WT info. I'm fine with that, after all.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to Perry:

You are not my personal Prophet.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    to jayhawk1 and Finally-Free: Those at the table that night were apparently all chosen to be a part of the New Covenant, so they all ate and drank the emblems after the last legitimate Passover was commemorated. Now that the great crowd is in place, the ruling is that to partake indicates a Heavenly Hope, whereas an Earthly Hope is indicated by being there and just passing the emblems. Even partaking isn't always counted as such, I'm told. My conscience isn't bothered, now that I've switched after investigating the facts, which had been ignored/withheld in the previous Bible study group I was raised with.

So it takes 2000 years to get 144,000 faithful people to rule with Jesus? Why is there still over 8000 of them and growing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit