I'm a Liar

by Perry 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

So, I'm downtown quite early the other morning while still dark and I see a man holding an Awake. So, I pull over and wave him over. After a few words of cordiality, I ask him why Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 when Jesus himself said this:in Matthew 24:

25 "Behold, I have told you in advance. 26 "So if they say to you, `Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or, `Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them. 27 "For R895 just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming R896 of the Son R897 of Man be.

He responded by telling me that I didn't know enough about Daniel's prophecy and that I was only wanting to argue and that he didn't want to do that. I assured him that I did not want to argue but just wanted to know how he could justify his teaching in light of the Master's own words who was surely greater than Daniel. He rambled a bit, but in the midst of the ramble he he said in a low tone that I was lying. I confronted him and asked him directly if he was calling me a liar? He said sheepishly, "Well, yeah"

I told him I was shocked at someone calling me a liar for asking a simple question. He knocked on my car in a friendly sort of way and said that he had to go.

As I drove away, I just couldn't get over the fact that it took the man only a few seconds to call me a liar. But, then again my own dying JW mother will not see my two children who are under 2 before she dies.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Wods can affect each other harshly sometimes.

• Perry
    Perry

I believe the guy did me a favor. It has been extremely difficult to accept that my own mother will not see her own grandchildren before she dies. I mean why should she? Jehovah will just kill them anyway right?

This guy's closed mind and utter anti-social behavior just confirms that what many of us are up against is not only a simple rebellion against God's instrument of Salvation...Jesus. But is a much deeper rejection their own lack of knowledge and more disturbingly an embracement of total idiocy.

Just exactly when is this years' annual rejection of Jesus? My mother has publically rejected Jesus each year for for 62 years. May God show his mercy upon her!

• Mystla
    Mystla

Brainwashing at it's finest!! Don't know the answer? call the person a liar and forget about it!! It makes life so much easier!!

Idiots.

Misty

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    I told him I was shocked at someone calling me a liar for asking a simple question. He knocked on my car in a friendly sort of way and said that he had to go.

Well, Perry, look at it this way: you must have perturbed this stubborn and stupid JW man to the point that he starts calling you names instead of making a proper argument. He must be fuming that he had nothing further to say to show you that he knows more. I really liked your repartee on the Master's words being superior to Daniel's. Nice one!

Religious bigotry brings out the worst in a person. So don't fret over that man's rudeness.

INQ

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

you think you`re gonna to live your life alone
    in darkness
    and seclusion
    yeah I know
    you`ve been out there
    tried to mix with those animals
    and it just left you full of humiliated confusion
    so you stagger back home
    and wait for nothing
    but the solitary refinement of your room spits you back out onto the street
    and now you`re desperate
    and in need of human contact
    and then
    you meet me
    and you whole world changes
    because everything I say is everything you`ve ever wanted to hear
    so you drop all your defenses and you drop all your fears
    and you trust me completely
    I`m perfect
    in every way
    cause I make you feel so strong and so powerful inside
    you feel so lucky
    but your ego obscures reality
    and you never bother to wonder why
    things are going so well
    you wanna know why?
    cause I`m a liar
    yeah I`m a liar
    I`ll tear your mind out
    I`ll burn your soul
    I`ll turn you into me
    I`ll turn you into me
    cause I`m a liar, a liar
    a liar, a liar

I`ll hide behind a smile
    and understanding eyes
    and I`ll tell you things that you already know
    so you can say
    I really identify with you, so much
    and all the time that you`re needing me
    is just the time that I`m bleeding you
    don`t you get it yet?
    I`ll come to you like an affliction
    and I`ll leave you like an addiction
    you`ll never forget me
    you wanna know why?
    cause I`m a liar
    yeah I`m a liar
    I`ll rip your mind out
    I`ll burn your soul
    I`ll turn you into me
    I`ll turn you into me
    cause I`m a liar, a liar
    liar, liar, liar, liar

I don`t know why I feel the need to lie
    and cause you so much pain
    maybe it`s something inside
    maybe it`s something I can`t explain
    cause all I do
    is mess you up and lie to you
    I`m a liar
    oh, I am a liar

if you`ll give me one more chance
    I swear that I will never lie to you again
    because now I see the destructive power of a lie
    they`re stronger than truth
    I can`t believe I ever hurt you
    I swear
    I will never to you lie again, please
    just give me one more chance
    I will never lie to you again
    I swear
    that I will never tell a lie
    I will never tell a lie
    no, no
    ha ha ha ha ha hah haa haa haa haaa
    sucker
    sucker!
    oh, sucker
    I am a liar
    yeah, I am a liar
    yeah I like it
    I feel good
    ohh I am a liar
    yeah
    I lie
    I lie
    I lie
    oh, I lie
    oh I lie
    I lie
    yeah
    ohhh I`m a liar
    I lie
    yeah
    I like it
    I feel good
    I`ll lie again
    and again
    I`ll lie again and again
    and I`ll keep lying
    I promise

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

good work Perry. you had him pinned and he knew it. so he went into a personnal attack. when ever they pull that daniel crap. i say ok so daniel prophecied 600 years before jesus came that jesus would return in 1914. right that's what your saying. now show me were jesus quoted from daniel on the 2560 days being his return to kingdom power. it must be in the gospel right? something so important as that jesus surely would have quoted? straight from daniel word for word. here's the bible show it to me. oh it's not there is it. because jesus never quoted daniel on it . because the 2560 days has nothing to do with the return of jesus. that's were i call the jw a liar and a false witness. and you know what jehovah thinks about a false witness? how many years have you been teaching the words of men. you should be ashamed of your self. it's like taking candy from a crying baby. and jw's are cry babies. john

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to Perry: Anti-social behavior, once it starts, is difficult to stop. It takes slowing things down to where one thinks before speaking. It's hard to consider ramifications of the fly. Neither of you knows the others' issues. Each is very often still trying to heal from past relationships, and now we're bleeding all over the place making each other a victim all over again. Nobody wins. You're still bleeding, this time on us. We can all "embrace total idiocy", at least from time to time. We're all imperfect, even as we speak.

The guy doesn't likely know about your issues, your mother and her own grandchildren, your deflection from Daniel to Jesus over these other, very personal, very real issues.

The Memorial of Jesus Christ's death is on April 2, this year. May we not reject his sacrifice. May God be able to show His mercy and undeserved kindness upon all of us, as we learn from our wonderful Creator and His good and perfect provisions, including His Anointed's ransom sacrifice.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    good work Perry. you had him pinned and he knew it. so he went into a personnal attack. when ever they pull that daniel crap. i say ok so daniel prophecied 600 years before jesus came that jesus would return in 1914. right that's what your saying. now show me were jesus quoted from daniel on the 2560 days being his return to kingdom power. it must be in the gospel right? something so important as that jesus surely would have quoted? straight from daniel word for word. here's the bible show it to me. oh it's not there is it. because jesus never quoted daniel on it . because the 2560 days has nothing to do with the return of jesus. that's were i call the jw a liar and a false witness. and you know what jehovah thinks about a false witness? how many years have you been teaching the words of men. you should be ashamed of your self. it's like taking candy from a crying baby. and jw's are cry babies. john

Good ol' Johnny, always with the best tactics. And besides, Perry, that schmuck was not a real hardcore dub. A real hardcore dub would've thrown in some comments about him returning the same way he left (invisibly), also another one about only those with eyes of faith being able to see him, so JWs were the only ones with "eyes of faith" in 1914 to see him come back invisibly! Now what time can I come back and share some more Encouraging Thoughts From the Bible TM ?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to SirNose586:

Perhaps he just got rattled, and forgot his lines. It can happen, even to the best of us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit