I'm a Liar

by Perry 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

to SirNose586:

Perhaps he just got rattled, and forgot his lines. It can happen, even to the best of us.

Capital, Fred! I think I know what this man needs: a 70cc dose of pioneerin', 3 comments per meeting, and more study of the Watchtower! After all, you can't "advertise the Kingdom" if you don't know how to sell your product!

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

and empathy is a supplement we could all use a 70cc shot of. It really can do wonders! Thanks, SirNose586, for your boost for my smile. It feels much better, now that it's turned the right way up.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    and empathy is a supplement we could all use a 70cc shot of. It really can do wonders! Thanks, SirNose586, for your boost for my smile. It feels much better, now that it's turned the right way up.

My dear Fred, I always try to leave everyone smiling and satisfied.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

And, now that SirNose586 and I have had our levity, it's time we get back to the serious situation at hand, or start a new thread. Being a liar is something we've all felt sorry about at one time or another. Some of us have tried to permanently quit the habit. I think Liars Anonymous is an idea whose time has come.

• vitty
    vitty

Fred

The Memorial of Jesus Christ's death is on April 2, this year. May we not reject his sacrifice

So when they pass the bread and wine round are you going to reject it or take it ??????

Just wondering

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to vitty: I'll be there with the local congregation, as I've been every year since I began to go in 1990. It's a sign of respect and acceptance of my need of his sacrifice. Being solidly of the earthy-hope class, I will take the plate and wine glass very carefully and observantly, so that I may pass the emblems along for the next person ready to take them. Thanks for wondering. It's good to experience wonder and amazement that such mere mortals as us can, somehow, have the hope of living forever, even when we aren't able to speak to any of the dear brothers and sisters or interested ones there. I wouldn't miss it for the world, even if some could legitimately call me a liar or a hypocrite. A hypocrite is an actor, and some of us only know how to act.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Fred,

Being solidly of the [materialistic] class ...

I sure am glad I learned to use brackets like the Watchtower Society uses. Why, when I think of how thoroughly they butcher Grayson in the Insight volumes ... brings a tear of despair to my eye.

I will take the plate and wine glass very carefully and observantly, so that I may pass the emblems along for the next person ready to take them.

Despite the fact that Jesus never hinted that another group of Christians would fall outside the covenant? Wow. Seems pretty risky to me. You are putting an awful lot of faith in the guidance of men who do not claim to speak for Jehovah, who claim they have no special revelations, and who claim to be fallible. I mean, what if they have that wrong and you really should be partaking?

—AuldSoul

• Perry
    Perry

Fred says:

It's a sign of respect and acceptance of my need of his sacrifice. Being solidly of the earthy-hope class, I will take the plate and wine glass very carefully and observantly, so that I may pass the emblems along for the next person ready to [reject]... them [him].

Rejecting the emblems and thus the Master's commands is what you mean right? Where is the respect in your disobedience to that? For all your pius talk about empathy, where is your empathy for Jesus? How do you think he feels to see 16 million people mock him each year at the Lord's Supper?

It appears that your sympathies are misplaced as are your loyalties and concept of righteousness. When you reject God's son (and thus your own deliverance from sin) this year please don't imagine the deception that you are "observing" anything. This "observance" is just that .... an observance not an acceptance. JW's see the opportunity being passed down the row and they observe the opportunity pass them by.... for fear of man. Of course if the year was 1908 and some bafoon from a stage said it was OK to do it, then you would. Why, because you do not (yet) know the Son because he hasn't shown you the gravity of your sins and fix that which you cannot do for youself. You may have been judged by some nut jobs as a sinner, but they have no solution to sin once they accept you back in. It didn't work in the past, it doesn't work now, and it won't work in the future. When the Son shines his mercy on you, he'll break sins' power over you... as a gift. Millions of people will testify that Jesus is still alive though killed, and this is what he does with those that the Father gives him. You are still under the illusion of righteousness.... only one is good.

Give Him Praise!!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    think Liars Anonymous is an idea whose time has come.

It's been done.

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/[Warning - nudity and adult content]

• KW13
    KW13

lmao that is terrible, but anything to prevent facing a real question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit