I'm a Liar

by Perry 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Fred,

I hope you do see the wisdom in seeking professional help.

There are qualified therapists that are Jehovah's Witnesses, and hopefully you can find one that is an elder, since it seems as though you will only listen to the counsel of one. I doubt you would listen to a therapist if she was a woman....just a hunch on my part.

As for what you said about love, my friend, that is truly remarkably sad....

If I felt as you do about love, that there is no love here on earth, and that love only means being obedient to God, then I'd be just as miserable and messed as you are. I mean you no disrespect when I say that.

I hope that you find real love and happiness, and I wish you luck on your journey.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

It's spiritual help that I require. I'm only interested in living by the Bible's standards, which "professional psychologists" are not trained/qualified to deal with. Only "professional Chistians" are capable of the challenge, under the direction/qualification of holy spirit.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

At this point the elders (in the Congregation I'm still assigned to) have directed me not to speak with any elders (who are not part of the JC handling my current case) with respect to details of the case. I am not permitted to be isolated in a room with a female who is not directly related to me, because of the details of the case. I don't feel miserable and messed up, actually. I feel that I'm well on my way to being completely healed spiritually. My moods are much more consistent and upbeat. I am able to look beyond the surface and feel the healthy love and security I've always craved. It's not a matter of luck. It's a matter of accepting the training I receive and applying it within my circumstances. Mostly, I now know what principles are all about; they're general ideas, not details.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    It's spiritual help that I require. I'm only interested in living by the Bible's standards, which "professional psychologists" are not trained/qualified to deal with. Only "professional Chistians" are capable of the challenge, under the direction/qualification of holy spirit.

Fred...there are plenty out there...you have made a decision that there aren't. If down the road, you are having problems, please be as relentless in seeking the thousands of qualified "Christian Therapists" as you are in denying that they exist. Good luck Fred!

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Those "Christian Therapists" prbably don't view Jehovah's Witnesses the way I do. I don't need more of a fight on my hands than I've already got.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Those "Christian Therapists" prbably don't view Jehovah's Witnesses the way I do. I don't need more of a fight on my hands than I've already got.

When we make assumptions about things that limit our options, we become our own worst advisor. I've done it.

There is nothing wrong with going to a trained professional, getting to the root cause, understanding it, learning a new set of tools to deal with it....and then at that point, integrating into your current religious belief system.

Tens of thousands of people have done it successfully.

A good therapist will help you integrate what you learn in therapy into your present JW life. But that comes at step 20, not step 1.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Been there, tried that, not interested. I'll stick to what I know works.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Been there, tried that, not interested. I'll stick to what I know works.

What works in life is what we are willing to make work. If you're choice is the JW way, and all that that entails on your part....and that works for you, then God Bless Ya! You don't need to send a reply that says its not the JW's way, its Jehovah's way. It's the JW way.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

My behavior is contained. Which is all I wanted. Not irritation, which is what I got instead. They had no words of spiritual comfort. So I'm better off the way I am right now. I'm healing, in spite of the "professional counselors", just as I've already reached an age that the surgeons said would be impossible 20 short years ago, when they operated on my head injury, which resulted from a motor vehicle collision.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Hi Fred,

do you ever go outside? get some sunshine? feel the air on your face? or is that not allowed the elders cant be by your side 24/7 having holy spirit being poured into you....

Because from the sound of your post, it sounds like you are on serious lockdown, and are only permitted to speak and associate with elders and your mother, and no one else.

I picture you in your room, with your WT publications and your NWT, all alone, or with the company of the same 3 elders. Sounds like a happy life to me.

Why do I care? Good question, guess I find it odd that someone with your obvious intelligence would choose to punish themselves for the rest of their lives in the hopes that they may find some peace of mind. You are not that little boy anymore, Fred. You do not have to keep beating yourself up. Who are You, is right. It is the JW way, not God's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit