I'm a Liar

by Perry 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free2beme
    free2beme

By Witness teachings, don't they consider you to be a follower of the "Father of the Lie?" So they basically feel this way about anyone who does not go to their church.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway
    to AuldSoul: I took part in the bread & "wine" every Sunday until I understood 1 Corinthians 5. I'm glad I stopped partaking,

1 Corinthians 5 has nothing to do with drinking the blood and eating the body of Christ so I'm not sure how you relate that.

to A. Kate: I was thinking of 1 Cor.5:7-8. The group I was with took had all those baptized into it take part of "emblems" every Sunday. Their "emblems" were a slice of leavened bread (often regular store-bought bread with the crust removed, and shaped like a square) and a glass of grape juice unthawed from a can. Once I understood what bread & wine would have been used by Jesus (and that he only partook once a year), I switched affiliations.

Jesus said that if you are a believer in Him you will drink His blood and eat His body and if you do not, you have no life in you. Those are pretty strong words. No life in you, none. John 6

Since I have an earthly hope (never having believed that I was to be bought from the earth as the 144,000 are, nor that I would rule as a king/priest), I stopped partaking. I don't expect to get everlasting life until the end of the Millenium. Unless I'm judged to be a Liar, in which case I'd be in line for the second death. (Rev.21:8.)

• hambeak
    hambeak

organized religion is terrible as they want money and control

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

JWs don't have churches. The groups are called households/families, Book Study groups, Congregations, Circuits, Districts, and Zones. Their buildings are called Kingdom Halls or Assembly Halls. Liars can still attend, especially if they'd like to repent.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

It depends what money and control is for. Most every human alive needs some of what money can buy. And every individual and group needs to have good control of its objectives.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    The passing of the bread and winereplaced the annual Passover Meal for the true Christian, who at that time was a Jew, as was Jesus. The heavenly hopes for Samaritans and Gentiles wasn't granted until later, unless I'm a liar. God knows.

No, I'm pretty sure the eating of the bread and wine replaced the Passover Meal for the true Christian.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The passing of the bread and winereplaced the annual Passover Meal for the true Christian, who at that time was a Jew, as was Jesus. The heavenly hopes for Samaritans and Gentiles wasn't granted until later, unless I'm a liar. God knows.
    No, I'm pretty sure the eating of the bread and wine replaced the Passover Meal for the true Christian.

In my bible Jesus said to take and "eat" the bread and to "drink" the wine. He didn't tell them to pass it down the line and leave it on a table to get stale. If I recall, he also directed his statements to everyone there. W

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

So what were you disfellowshipped for Fred? Now tell the truth

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to jayhawk1 and Finally-Free: Those at the table that night were apparently all chosen to be a part of the New Covenant, so they all ate and drank the emblems after the last legitimate Passover was commemorated. Now that the great crowd is in place, the ruling is that to partake indicates a Heavenly Hope, whereas an Earthly Hope is indicated by being there and just passing the emblems. Even partaking isn't always counted as such, I'm told. My conscience isn't bothered, now that I've switched after investigating the facts, which had been ignored/withheld in the previous Bible study group I was raised with.

to Junction-Guy: The judicial action was taken to protect the spiritual cleanness of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, and to correct some errors. I didn't want to be a hider or a liar. I still don't.

• vitty
    vitty
    Now that the great crowd is in place, the ruling is that to partake indicates a Heavenly Hope, whereas an Earthly Hope is indicated by being there and just passing the emblems

Now I have a problem with this statement, first you say the ruling is...................where are the scriptures that lay down this ruling (no scripture hopping) where in context does it say by ANYONE that if you have a heavenly hope you take the emblems but if you have a earthly hope you dont? You see if you cannot direct me to specific scriptures with this rule, then its all speculation on the meaning isnt it ? And that is a very dangerous place to be.

I think these scriptures tell us exactly............Ephesians 4 v4-6

Or did you mean that the ruling is from the WT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit