I'm a Liar

by Perry 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

to Perry: Anti-social behavior, once it starts, is difficult to stop. It takes slowing things down to where one thinks before speaking. It's hard to consider ramifications of the fly. Neither of you knows the others' issues. Each is very often still trying to heal from past relationships, and now we're bleeding all over the place making each other a victim all over again. Nobody wins. You're still bleeding, this time on us. We can all "embrace total idiocy", at least from time to time. We're all imperfect, even as we speak.

The gentlemen in question merely voiced what most JW's probably repeat under their breath..

The guy doesn't likely know about your issues, your mother and her own grandchildren, your deflection from Daniel to Jesus over these other, very personal, very real issues.

This has never stopped JW's.....ever. The wholesale condemnation of people by the WTS is in every magazine, public talk and "witness" that they give.

The Memorial of Jesus Christ's death is on April 2, this year. May we not reject his sacrifice. May God be able to show His mercy and undeserved kindness upon all of us, as we learn from our wonderful Creator and His good and perfect provisions, including His Anointed's ransom sacrifice.

There are people that recognize his sacrifice 24/7 365 days a year. The WTS has figured out that if you bring Jesus out once a year, and create a "showy display", then the rank and file will be sufficiently convinced that the JW's hold Jesus as a central figure in their beliefs. To anyone else, it can immediately be seen for what it is. A publicity stunt. The WTS moved Jesus to the back of the bus decades ago and replaced him with the GB. No amount of wishing, hoping, denial or fantasizing can change that.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Perry

Brush it off. Spend your energy on positive things and peoples.

IP_SEC

Henry Rollins Band, eh? Nice.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Yeah, its hard not to take it personally. I remember saying to people that if they just wanted to argue, I wouldn't talk to them. The truth was that if they weren't gullible, I didn't want to talk to them.

Don't feel bad. He was just lost for words and so he fell back on name calling.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When a JW can`t answer a question,they will name call..I`t`s thier only defence..It`s a bullying tactic..He was too much of a coward to admit he did`t know,so he bullied you..Next time,tell someone like that they are both a coward and a bully..Then laugh at them..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Wow, its erie seeing the responses here. "Good job", or "You did very good". In my opinion you were the one who was doing the bullying. Yes you are a liar. Saying that you didn't want to argue, when you know well in advance that's all you wanted to do. Argue with the man and show him how wrong he is in his ways. You wanted to shove in his face that he has been wrong, and you were right. God forbid that some people have different views than yours. As far as your mother, that sucks. But she is a grown woman and made her decision. Nothing you can do about that but hope that one day she changes her mind. Obviously the stand your mother has on not wanting to see her grandchildren has nothing to do with being forced. My mother is an active member and she doesn't act like that toward me. Neither do my uncles or cousins who are in it. Just shows how some people interpret things differently.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It is SOP for JWs to call others that question what the WTS teaches....liars and gossips. I have been called these things countless times by an old die-hard JW who is totally oblivious and blind to all the discrepancies and utter foolishness pointed out to her every day by former JWs on another board.

For example....she kept coming out and declaring that the WTS is " kind and peaceloving" in contrast to how the "church clergy tell all their members to go to war" despite the fact that no one else had ever heard one tell anyone in their church to go to war.

This drove me bananas...this blatant and broad-brush crap that JWs love to spew and spout as "truth"....and I kept on right on her heels about this.....time after time (can you hear Cyndi Lauper?) and I kept asking her WHAT CHURCH did she hear this in....and she finally admitted that ONE day, the pastor welcomed back a soldier who had returned FROM the war.....so THAT was what she had been basing all her assumptions and assertations on!

Bottom line is....the WTS doesn't have ANY credibility at this date, and has all but laughed ITSELF into being a mere joke.....and has nothing TO brag or boast about to make their crap smell any better. All the HAVE is to call everyone else liars, false and gossips to make THEMSELVES feel better..... as they keep pushing the WTS theology FOR the WTS....to earn their "free" ticket to paradise on earth.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

r6laser: who was the liar in this case? it was the jw that couldn't answer a simple question that he's preaching and counting time to please a bunch of false prophets in bklyn. everything the wt has ever said about 1914 is all bullcrap. remember everything the wt teaches, lies etc. about 1914 is ALL BULLCRAP. repeat after me EVERYTHING THE WT SAYS ABOUT 1914 IS BULL CRAP. write that 1000x's when you get that through your head. then you can see it's not an arguement. eph 5'11 expose false teachers. your jw DOPE PEDDLING zombie standing out on the corner. got caught with his pant's down, i mean the jw couldn't get past one good question. and that same jw thinks of him self as a minister of god? ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhahahaha don't make me laugh. john

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to AuldSoul: I took part in the bread & "wine" every Sunday until I understood 1 Corinthians 5. I'm glad I stopped partaking, as well as the other things I've stopped for the "real" truth. "Disfellowshipped" or not, I said I wouldn't be changing where I worship or lessen my attendance, and I haven't. I'm glad that even Liars can be reformed, by Jehovah's ways. I've even been able to get control of myself in some other areas in the part 15 months, and I'm sure there's more to come. Now that I have a taste of Jehovah's ways (even of discipline), I wouldn't have it any other way.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Now that I know Jehovah's way of discipline, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jehovah's way of dicipline is murder and plagues.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to Perry: Passing the emblems without partaking is obedience in the case of the great crowd of observers. Jesus' humility is what I work at emulating. You obviously don't know the same Jesus as I do. My Jesus is honored with 16 million people observe the Lord's Evening Meal. They are invited to do such. I do as I'm invited, since I am convinced from my own personal study of the issues as an adult.

Jehovah knows where our individual sympathies and loyalties are, and how accurate our personal concepts of righteousness. I will continue to allow the working of His holy spirit to impact on my life so that I can come into full favor with Jehovah and His Son, and benefit from their undeserved kindness, even everlastingly.

Perhaps for some it may be fear of man. But certainly many are complete in their worship and love for Jehovah. So love casts out fear.

I have judged myself as a sinner by my own study of the Holy Scriptures. Christ was allowed to be killed and was resurrected, by Jehovah.

As Jesus said, only One is good. True. I praise Jehovah for his bountiful goodness and undeserved kindness that allows reformed Liars to benefit from such.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit