WOULD YOU EVER GET PLASTIC SURGERY?

by Mary 67 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I don't see why anyone would want to modify their body so extensively...

Look if it takes some fake boobies, or a few stitches here and there to make the person in the mirror match the person in your head, then I say go for it.

There's nothing wrong with being happy. And if that takes surgery, or a tattoo, or a piercing, who cares?

• Xena
    Xena

A nip here, a tuck there perhaps. But I would never want to do so much that it's obvious.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yes, when money is no longer an object, I would like my boobs lifted back to where they started before my 2 kids!!!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    You have no idea what happens to large natural boobs. Mine are a natural "H" cup. Yes H. I am a freak.

Oh my gosh Kate!! YOU TOO?? I never knew anybody else who was that big! I am too. I'd give anything to be able to afford a reduction. It causes me so many physical problems. Edited to add: My boobs have always been pendulous and unattractive...try being in the locker room changing for gym in jr high and wearing a bra bigger than most of the other girls' moms. Before I die I'd like to have boobs that you don't have too move out of the way physically when you sit down to a table, or be able to go without a bra without the general public being disgusted and horrified.
  • Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Look if it takes some fake boobies, or a few stitches here and there to make the person in the mirror match the person in your head, then I say go for it.

Awe Richie...out of the mouths of babes...

What happens to some of us women is we wake up one morning, look in the mirror and freak the hell out. We don't feel old like the old timer in the mirror. We don't act old. We don't think old. We don't wear polyester pant suits and velcro slip ons.

My niece is having a hard time of it. She had so much done at once. She has infection. This was my worry for her since my mother and I both have auto immune illnesses and we don't handle abdominal surgery well. Because of this I strongly advised her against it, but after she had made her decision and put the money down I supported her 100%. My mother and I both have had some terrible experiences with abdominal surgery, me nearly dying from peritonitus.

The risks are high but if everything goes well the payoff is great. I watched the procedure I want on TV tonight and it was aweful! They separate the skin from the neck and chin, do some mini lipo, cut behind the ears, tighten it back up, and inject fat here and there.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Edited to add: My boobs have always been pendulous and unattractive...try being in the locker room changing for gym in jr high and wearing a bra bigger than most of the other girls' moms. Before I die I'd like to have boobs that you don't have too move out of the way physically when you sit down to a table, or be able to go without a bra without the general public being disgusted and horrified.

I hear ya. My sister has the same size too and once years ago she had fallen asleep after nursing one of the nieces (hehe prolly the one who just had the work done) Her poor boob flopped out and was hanging down over the edge of the sofa. We were laughing at the site and called her "Snoppy boobs" we wanted to draw eyes and a mouth, the nose was already there What was worse for me developmentally was being treated like a blond slut at an early age because I was so large. Men showed no respect for me at all. Here I was an innocent 11 year old JW being whistled at daily. Crass remarks. Even touched by creepy men that I didn't even get what they were doing. I had a pet rabbit and this one disgusting man would ask me to bring him for a visit. He would pet him while I held him in my arms a certain way. I didn't get it until I was older.

• Mary
    Mary
    I never knew anybody else who was that big! I am too. I'd give anything to be able to afford a reduction. It causes me so many physical problems.

Won't your health insurance pay for that? Here in Ontario, if you need a boob reduction, OHIP pays for it. I knew a sister in my Hall who had it done. You should've seen the grooves on her shoulders from her bra straps. It was causing her tremendous back pain too. She went from something like an "H" cup down to a "D" and is much happier.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

My wife has had a few cosmetic surgery procedures before we got married, but I attribute that to low self esteem.

Now she has had 3 kids and the pregnancies didn't do nice things to her body. She'd like to get a breast reduction because the government would pay for it. Since she is a bit over weight I stipulated that she needed to lose a certain amount of weight first.

Her issue was that if she loses the weight, she might not qualify for the government program any more. She's quite interested in the tuck they do at the same time.

My stipulation was for her to come close to her ideal weight first through diet and exercise and then we can personally pay for any lifts/tucks/reductions she wants. We don't hurt for money, but I see surgery as a quick fix without lasting benefit. If she gets the reduction now, then loses weight, isn't there a risk with her breasts becoming ... er lopsided?

I love her regardless but she can't see how that's possible. Am I way out in left field on this matter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit