WOULD YOU EVER GET PLASTIC SURGERY?

by Mary 67 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    You go girl. That self-confidence looks good on you.

Why thank ya dearie!!!! And just for the sake of argument...when I said '' a whopping 125 lbs''...according to every medical dictionary, I should weigh around 95 to 100 pounds. My doctor specifically told my I'm at a perfect weight. So screw you medical dictionary's and weight loss websites.

~luv, jojo

• lola28
    lola28
    Instead of wasting it on jaded young LA women who wish to be 90 pounds with DD boobs, why don't we save the cost and expense and leave it only for those who really need it...

wow Kitty, who gets a final say on who really needs it? The way I see it is that I can do whatever I want with both my body and my money, f I want bigger boobs or smaller ones it should be noone elses concern.

Baldness, receding hairline, varicose veins, saggy tits...???

You may be okay with these things but many of us are not and if money is not an object why not go ahead and umm "fix" the problem?

Lola

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

JoJo, I agree with you but still would get the surgery if I had the money to do so. My mom was busy telling me what to do with my inheritance when she dies (just so's you know, she is as likely to accuse me of wanting her to die for it, AND she will probably have it spent anyhow, so it is hypothetical to the extreme) and she told me to go on a long trip, cause she knows I love to travel. I told her I would schedule it to coincide with when I had recovered from my plastic surgery. Everyone thinks I am too pragmatic to do it, but they never saw me naked! And if no one else ever did-I DO.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    I'm only 21

Well there's the thing you sweet young thing you.

I'm 47 and my chin has fallen and it can't get back up.

But it is refreshing that you are not shallow and self absorbed.

Jojo you could teach Paris Hilton a few life lessons.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Certain body parts have gone south after 4 pregnancies and nursing. I'd get a boob-job if I had the money and wasn't afraid to do it. (apparent health risks)

It'll make my waistline look smaller.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Wow JoJo,

I should have read your post before I posted. Now I feel dirty and shallow. lol

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm only 21 and I'm perfectly secure in my looks and sexuality.

Most women who get plastic surgery are not 21 Kitty.....they're usually in their 40s or 50s. Hardly anyone (outside of the wackos in Hollywood), considers plastic surgery at such a young age unless they have a really noticeable defect.

I can't wait till I have gray hair w/ the gray pubes to match...that means I'll be justified in b*tching about the good old times and I'll have an excuse to be senile. Embrace yourself people!!!!!

Well that's great that you feel that way, but most women don't and I sincerly doubt that when you, or me or anyone else on here gets grey hair, that we'll be thrilled about it. My mom had her eyes done when she was in her 50s as she had alot of loose skin and bags around her eyes which are heriditary. She looks younger in her 70s than what she did in her 50s. As for me, I'm somewhat paranoid about getting older.....I think it's partly because when I was younger, I never thought I'd be old in "this System of Things". It's also in de genes. My mom, grandma and great-grandmother all took really good care of their skin because they didn't like the wrinkles (who does) and I followed suit. I've been trying to take good care of my skin since I was 18 and when the day comes when I think I need something done----I definitely would do it.

• zagor
    zagor

Don't see the need for it but if I did I would do it, to me that isn't any different than doing dental surgery...same purpose

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    I'm only 21 and I'm perfectly secure in my looks and sexuality

.....and so said all the women I have known........until they wake up at 45 and realize that the world refuses to value them for the work they do, the strength they have, the children they bore and the relationships they've endured. Instead - they are fed a steady diet of perfection at any cost and all ages, so that gradually they have been competitors for the attention their daughters also crave. Until society gives up its glorification of the young and recognizes the worth of all women of all ages, women will flock to have surgery done - and as we worship those younger and younger, so are the waiting rooms filled with younger and younger patients.

Nothing wrong with looking good - its all relevant to the person seeking out the methods of doing so. For some its only a little hair colour - for others its major surgery. I'm not looking for it but I life has a way of changing so I never say never. For me - young girls getting botoxed at 18 and having breast implants at 16 is a bit much, but thats just my opinion. sammieswife (not saying that one cannot be young or old and secure in their looks and their sexuality)

• needproof
    needproof

hell yeah, plastic makes perfect

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit