Your Opinion Wanted-What should really be done to child molesters?

by avidbiblereader 96 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    why has child molestation become such a central issue over the last few decades?

Narkissos, it's only been within the past few decades that child molestation, incest and rape have lost their "taboo/in bad taste-to-talk-about-it" distinction in society. And the more cases are brought to light the greater chance that more will be discovered. I'm afraid that they've only touched the "tip of the iceberg" where these heinous activities are concerned.

what I don't understand is how your two older children were molested by the same man that molested you. Surely you didn't leave your boys alone with this creep. How in god's name did he get access to do this to them?

Mary, I understand where you're coming from......now. It would have been fortuitous for my children had I been as enlightened regarding this subject 30 yrs ago, as we are now. The problem was that the ones who all did this to me had me convinced that there was something, some flaw in me that caused them to do those things to me. I never ever realized that my stepfather would molest my older son and my daughter and force them to copulate (my daughter was 10, my older son was 12) so that he could watch. I thought my daughter was safe, since her brother was with her when she was visiting them. I didn't realize my stepfather was so f*ckin' evil. Mean and a domineering control freak, yes, but not evil enough to force a brother to rape his sister. It broke my heart for them, which is why I wanted to commit such mayhem against him. I hated myself for being so STUPID and naive where my stepfather was concerned!!

I didn't even realize until 20 yrs after I left home that the time my step-uncle sent me out to his car when I was just 12 yo to look at a comic book (they knew I loved comic books) in a plain brown wrapper during a family BBQ, but told me I was on my own and I couldn't tell anyone that he'd sent me out there......he was setting me up to be discovered by his wife, my aunt. I wasn't out there 5 mins. until my aunt (his wife) came outside looking for me and discovered me with the comic book. Do you honestly believe that it was a coincidence that my aunt came looking for me 5 mins. after I got out there? I don't. I think my uncle, sorry asshole that he was, sent her out there to find me. This was in the 50's. Can you imagine the ripple that went through the whole family over that discovery? Yessiree. It was CYA time for my stepfather and uncle.....and anyone else who cared to take a poke at me. My reputation and credibility within that large family was totally annihilated from that point on. None of them would ever respect or trust me again. Yeah. It didn't hit me until 20 yrs after the fact that it had all been a set up. Just like my stepfather convincing me that he would tell my mother that I came on to him and that she would take his side over my claims. He had me there., because my mother always took his side in matters of discipline even when he left bruises on us from his ham-hands. It was when my daughter finally told me what he'd done to them......6 yrs after the fact and 6 mos. past the (then) statute of limitations, that I began to think about what all had happened to me and how they'd insured that I would never tell anyone. Who's going to believe an obviously slutty 12 yo that sneaks into cars that don't belong to her and goes through their glove compartment (he told me where it was) and reads dirty books?

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

((((Frannie)))))

for all you have been thru

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I never ever realized that my stepfather would molest my older son and my daughter and force them to copulate (my daughter was 10, my older son was 12) so that he could watch. I thought my daughter was safe, since her brother was with her when she was visiting them. I didn't realize my stepfather was so f*ckin' evil. Mean and a domineering control freak, yes, but not evil enough to force a brother to rape his sister.

You poor woman. Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but I just don't understand how some higher power is aware of these situations and yet permits them. The fact that you carry on as well as you do is inspirational.

Deepest respect and admiration,

Nvr

• OUTLAW
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Frannies story is something that shows me (along with my own family/life experience) that such behavior is more learned than hardwired. I think it is learned and justified AS hardwiring, yet how many abusers are also the abused? SO many. . .would the hardwiring folks just say they WERE looking for it as little tiny children?Would they claim that the entire family of abusers just knew the kids who wanted sexual interactions? The hardwiring claim is not something I buy into.

I hope that there could be effective ways to treat this, but I fear that they are not in any foreseeable future. I am pretty much for VERY long sentences in VERY isolated prisons, with the tattoo on the forehead and monitoring,as well as sterilization being required and conjugal visits forbidden. At least give people fair warning-one of the problems is that pedophiles don't all look like scary people-to children or parents. Make them scary. VERY scary. My BIL is in the corrections field and takes care of folks out on parole. That is a very loosey goosey system which needs to be tightened up dramatically with much more oversight and control.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    such behavior is more learned than hardwired. I think it is learned and justified AS hardwiring, yet how many abusers are also the abused? SO many. . .would the hardwiring folks just say they WERE looking for it as little tiny children?Would they claim that the entire family of abusers just knew the kids who wanted sexual interactions? The hardwiring claim is not something I buy into.

JWDaughter, I'd go along with that if I only knew about my youngest son's behavior. But since I have so much experience with so many predators in this particular "field" I have to say there is an innate common denominator. The one thing that ties them all together. Every last one of them was born a domineering control freak. It's all about power. All about them having complete control over people and situations.

Even my youngest son......when he was in a highchair. When I would put him in his high chair, his tray would already be set with his dinnerware, cup and flatware. If it looked as though he might spill his milk, I would move his cup a little just to make sure he didn't tump it over. Ya know what he'd do? Move it right back where it was. He didn't see the danger of spilled milk. He only saw that his cup was out of place and he would move it right back where, in his mind, it was supposed to be.

At 4 mos. of age, he fought me over a bite of spinach (baby food, blech! I don't blame him.). Totally refused to open his mouth after tasting it once.

Stood and slammed a cabinet door repeatedly for about 10 mins. at 18 mos., even though after a while his thigh was turning pretty sunburned-looking from the swat I'd give him every time he slammed the cabinet door. I had told him, "No!" repeatedly and that didn't work. He never cried. He just finally decided to stop doing it.

His kindergarten teacher complained to me that he was "manhandling" the other kindergarteners when they would line up to go into class or out of the classroom. When I asked him about it, he told me that he would take the other children by the arm and put them back in line where they belonged whenever they got out of line, cause the teacher had told them to stay in line. He had become their self-designated "sheriff."

My stepfather was such a domineering control freak that we couldn't rearrange a stick of furniture in the house when we were growing up. We couldn't hang anything on the wall or decorate in any way. We needn't bother to ask either, cause it wasn't going to happen. Not even my mother could rearrange or decorate. I only invited two of my girlfriends over one time for a sleepover. I never did it again. It was too embarrassing.

The woman in California that molested my youngest son before we moved back to Texas was also a mega-control freak.

If there's a behavior management program that deals with control-freakish behavior, then there's a way to help those people.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Frannie, your story is heart-breaking and it illustrates why the whole thing is such a complicated problem. There may be some truth to the idea that some people are pedophiles just as others are hetero- or homsexual, but whenever I hear about sexual abuse of children I always wonder who abused the abuser. Even Michael Jackson, who is totally creepy, was molested, taught the behavior, I believe by his own father who has one of the most evil faces I've seen.

I think one of the reasons that the topic is obsessing the public mind is just that more people are speaking up. Children are pretty defenseless and easy to victimize, and I imagine it has always happened pretty much to this same degree, but people are telling the truth about it now. I can't even watch the shows on television that trap pedophiles who prey on victims via the internet. It is just too sick, but still I think it is a good service they are doing.

no easy answer, I guess, but it is still a vile crime. My father is dead, and died by his own hand essentially, drank himself to death, and I was glad when he died. What a pity, eh?

• ninja
    ninja

Read what happened to my cousins wee boy here on our website... http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=29&id=1316412004 ... http://www.livescelebrated.co.uk/viewmemorial.php?id=105 ...and then guess what I think should happen

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Hortensia, I agree. It's a hornet's nest of a problem and we don't have the correct spray to shoot at it from a safe distance either.

Learned behavior, yes, but fueled by that domineering facet of their persona. Without the control freak factor, they wouldn't have done what they've done. Many, many more women have been victims than there are perps, yet the majority percentage of SO's is not comprised of the female gender.

BTW, all the s.o.b.'s that molested us are dead now. Only one stepuncle remains and he didn't molest me. He DID however recognize that they lied about me. And kept his mouth shut.

At my stepfather's funeral, which my daughter and I attended, hoping for a chance afterward to p*ss on his grave, that stepuncle invited me to come over to visit with him and his wife. I didn't go.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    What if it were your own offspring that had done the deed, MsMcDucket?

Frannie, I'd have to throw the first stone. Wouldn't I?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit