What are yall fixin' for dinner tonite?

by Frannie Banannie 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Pork and baby sweetcorn, garlic and chopped green chillies in lime sauce with black rice. Don't come too close tomorrow!!

LOL, HB! That sounds wonderful!

Dutch Taco's. Similiar to the regular ones except for one important ingredient, sliced celery! Ummmm.

Outaservice, does the celery make that big a difference. Sounds good, though. I lurv Mexican food.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Finally, someone else is fixing me something to eat, Meatloaf, mashed potatoes & string beans. Yeah its simple, but nothin beats not eatin your own cookin!!!

Proph, simple is often wonderful! I love simple meals like that!

My wife's making meatloaf hamburgers to go on the George Forman Grill. A side of potatoes and some greens. Of course a little drink to help it along.

Meatloaf hamburgers sounds very interesting, Jim. I hadn't thought of that before, but it seems worth a try now. Whatchya drinkin'?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Had mine 6 hours ago!!! - chicken in white wine & mushroom sauce with peas and potatoes

Different time zone then, Sad Emo. But it still sounds delicious!

Roasted pork tenderloin (marinated w/ raspberry chipotle sauce)

Baked sweet potatoes (served w/ butter & sour cream)

Tossed salad

You DAWG, MeneMene! Lawd, that sounds positively sinfully delicious. Are you fixin' that yourself?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Homemade Beef Stew with Rice and toasted Sweet Italian Bread

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What is cajun Ice Cream?........sounds like heaven. If tall P.........doesn't come to Portland tonight. I will reheat my home made enchiladas......I made last week.

New Boy, Cajun ice cream to some Cajuns is simply rice. To others it's the wonderful rice pudding made with brandy or some wonderful liquer.

Home made enchiladas? WOW! Where'd you learn to make 'em, New Boy? I don't often run across other peeps that know how to do that.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

My wife is cooking a can of whoop ass, she just called me hotter than a hornet, some one did a hit and run on our car in the parking lot and she is dealing with the cops.

abr

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I just walked in from a housecleaning job and am trying to figure that out right now.

Don't have much in the fridge or freezer.

I have garbanzo beans. Maybe falafals (sp)?

Can one of ya'll send me something?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Homemade Beef Stew with Rice and toasted Sweet Italian Bread

MrsJones5, I love that shtuff. At one time there used to be a pioneer couple that came to our house on a weekly basis and I became friends with them and would serve them meals. One time I served homemade beef stew and the pioneer hubby proceeded to ask me if I had made any rice. Coming originally from a mostly Irish family, I'd never heard of that, but I proceeded to make up a pot of rice quickly and served it with the stew. THEN he asked me if I had any mustard. (????mustard????) He mixed the stew with the rice and added a dollop of mustard. I hesitantly copied his attack on my Irish stew and was amazed at how good it tasted. It's different, to be sure, but it sure was good.

Frannie

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Frannie - Don't laugh!! it is great!

IMPORTANT use avocado oil for richness. Or sesame oil.

Fry pork fillet cut into 1.5 in. strips for three minutes or until pink has just gone.

remove from pan and set aside.

Fry one medium onion for two minutes. Add six cloves of garlic each one cut into 8 pieces. fry one minute.

Add baby sweetcorn cut into quarters fry two minutes. Add finely chopped green chillie. fry two more minutes.

Put pork back into pan continue to fry for another minute. Add teaspoon of five spice powder stir round.

Add small teaspoon of corn flour. stir until food is coated.

add Juice of two limes, half tablespoon of soy sauce, teaspoon of honey half tspn of dijon mustard. Stir until sauce thickens.

Serve with black rice boiled for 25 mins or your preference.

HB

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

My wife is cooking a can of whoop ass, she just called me hotter than a hornet, some one did a hit and run on our car in the parking lot and she is dealing with the cops.

Coooooeeeeeee, abr! That doesn't even sound "edible," chere!

I just walked in from a housecleaning job and am trying to figure that out right now.

Don't have much in the fridge or freezer.

I have garbanzo beans. Maybe falafals (sp)?

Can one of ya'll send me something?

Haven't tried falafals yet, chere, but I used to have a friend who mixed garbanzo beans with lemon juice, sesame seeds, garlic and salt in the blender to make a mean homous for dipping potato chips.

My gumbo dinner wouldn't fit in an email, Black Swan, and I think it'd be kinda messy to send it, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit