What are yall fixin' for dinner tonite?

by Frannie Banannie 76 Replies latest jw friends

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

The pork tenderloin & sweet potatoes are in the oven now. Should be ready in a few more minutes.

Thanks for the good ideas & recipes everyone.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    That sounds good..I love Mex Food!..I`ll try some "Chalupas" when I hit Mexico sometime this year..Thanks for the recomendation..I`m always exploreing new foods and flavours..My Favorite Mex dish:"Beef Enchiladas"..The last time I had a decent Enchilada was in Texas...OUTLAW

This is gonna make ya jealous then, O. My Mexican aunt taught my Mom how to make homemade hot tamales, chalupas, tamale loaf, tamale pie, menudo, tacos and enchiladas and how to "season" and use a mulcajete. Mom would get together with a bunch of friends and have a "tamale-making" party and then bring her share (DOZENS) home to stick in the freezer. Then everytime one of us had a b'day, Mom would bring out the tamales and make a lot of chalupas, tacos and enchiladas to go with 'em for our b'day celebration. Mom passed the tamale-making skill, etc. down to us kids. You could learn to make your own, too, Outlaw, as good as you are in the kitchen.

• bebu
    bebu

Ciabatta sandwiches: open-faced split buns with ham, cheddar or swiss, pesto and tomato slices, which are then broiled. Put 'em together and tadaaaaah.

BTW, I just discovered that 1) I have all the ingredients for making pesto at hand and 2) making pesto is a heckuva lot cheaper than buying it.

bebu

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    The pork tenderloin & sweet potatoes are in the oven now. Should be ready in a few more minutes.

Wait, Mene!!!! Take it out! You didn't tell me what you marinated it in, cher!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes, my wife is a terrific cook.

Well.....Jag.....you must report to us what she cooks for you tonight then. Sharing is good for you, chere.

Ciabatta sandwiches: open-faced split buns with ham, cheddar or swiss, pesto and tomato slices, which are then broiled. Put 'em together and tadaaaaah.

BTW, I just discovered that 1) I have all the ingredients for making pesto at hand and 2) making pesto is a heckuva lot cheaper than buying it.

Oh, gawwwwwd, Bebu! I'm comin' to your house! I just scorched the leftover gumbo when I added some File' to it and got to clackin' my jaws online too long before checking on it. Oh, well....good thing it's supposed to be scorched, eh? Only just not in it's fully-done stage.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass
    2 BOCCA MEATLESS SAUSAGES WHEAT HOT DOG BUNS A glass of apple juice and a handful of almonds

Sounds very healthy, Jag. Are you a vegetablearian

At this point in my life I try to eat vegetarian as much as I can. As far as I can tell the body doesnt store up excess cholesterol from vegetables and its good for the blood pressure. Plus eating colorful foods gives you anti oxidants. Vegetables go though your system in hours. Meat decays in your colon for days.

• PEC
    PEC

Meat decays in your colon for days.

More vegetarian, BS. Are you aware that anti oxidants can increase you risk of getting cancer?

Philip

• winnie
    winnie

I have no idea. I have to be the world's worst cook! Even I won't eat my cooking!

(sigh... I have good intentions, but always manage to *@#$ it up! So it's cheaper for me not to try!)

Lucky for me, my hubby does all the cooking here! I think he's doing a lamb roast.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

At this point in my life I try to eat vegetarian as much as I can. As far as I can tell the body doesnt store up excess cholesterol from vegetables and its good for the blood pressure. Plus eating colorful foods gives you anti oxidants. Vegetables go though your system in hours. Meat decays in your colon for days.

I've considered this seriously from time to time, Jag. In the end, I've decided to go along with the fact that we humans have the teeth of both carnivores (canines) and herbivores, so I have a tendency to do consume both meats and fruits 'n veggies.

I have no idea. I have to be the world's worst cook! Even I won't eat my cooking! (sigh... I have good intentions, but always manage to * @#$ it up! So it's cheaper for me not to try!) Lucky for me, my hubby does all the cooking here! I think he's doing a lamb roast.

Aww, (((Winnie))). Thank goodness for your hubby's culinary skills, chere! Sounds terrific! ....um....I'd like mine in a pita pocket served up with tzaziki (sp) sauce like a gyro sandwich, please.

• Mystla
    Mystla

We eat a lot of mexican food.. favorite way to make meat for tacos, burritos, whatever: brown up chunks of beef, put in crockpot with some salsa.. let it cook alllll day. Yum! Also good with pork and green sauce.

We are having periogies for dinner tonight, with a spinach salad on the side. We eat a lot of italian food, too

In fact, after reading this thread.. I think I'll go make dinner right now!!!

Misty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit