What are yall fixin' for dinner tonite?

by Frannie Banannie 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

We eat a lot of mexican food.. favorite way to make meat for tacos, burritos, whatever: brown up chunks of beef, put in crockpot with some salsa.. let it cook alllll day. Yum! Also good with pork and green sauce.

We are having periogies for dinner tonight, with a spinach salad on the side. We eat a lot of italian food, too

In fact, after reading this thread.. I think I'll go make dinner right now!!!

That recipe for taco and burrito meat sounds deelish, Mysla! What kind of perogies are yall havin'?

Yep, my step-g/mother was from Florence and her hubby from Sicily, and one of my aunt's was Cajun, plus I've lived in Nicosia, Cyprus and have had several Greek and Lybian friends, so my fam is well-indoctrinated in ethnic cuisine. Ol' CP was foamin' at the mouth for some good pasta fazool when I came back from my daughter's after a lengthy stay there.

Frannie

• wiegel
    wiegel

California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza - frozen - delish!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza - frozen - delish!!

That's a new one on me, Wiegel. It sounds good enough to try. After all, they're doing taco pizzas and pineapple pizzas and dessert pizzas, so why not BBQ chicken, eh?

...do they put cheese on?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok well, my loving hubby went to the store for me and picked up two zucchini, one eggplant and a can of tomatoes.

With that I created a little casserole bake type thing.

Brown the sliced veggies in a skillet. Layer in a casserole dish. Eggplant/zucchini/eggplant.

Cover with tomatoes and then a bunch of Italian cheese. Bake til done.

Eat.

Mmmmmm gooooooodddd.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Bruschetta, Ravioli and a good salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and lots of artichoke hearts courtesy of Central Market

I don't feel like cooking lol

I love Italian food I hope Jake doesn't have indigestion. If he does I have the bed to myself lol

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    my loving hubby went to the store for me and picked up two zucchini, one eggplant and a can of tomatoes. With that I created a little casserole bake type thing. Brown the sliced veggies in a skillet. Layer in a casserole dish. Eggplant/zucchini/eggplant. Cover with tomatoes and then a bunch of Italian cheese. Bake til done. Eat.

Yum, Black Swan! Sounds like a really good variation on the Melanzane Spaccatelle my g/mother taught us to make.

• mama1119
    mama1119

We are actually ordering out tonite, which we never do. Noodles Express Chicken Osaka..yummy!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit