What are yall fixin' for dinner tonite?

by Frannie Banannie 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Don't come too close tomorrow!!

THIS is what I was laffin' at, HAMSTERBAIT. Your recipe sounds really good, HB. I'm C&P'ing it in my "recipe file."

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Haven't tried falafals yet, chere, but I used to have a friend who mixed garbanzo beans with lemon juice, sesame seeds, garlic and salt in the blender to make a mean homous for dipping potato chips.

My gumbo dinner wouldn't fit in an email, Black Swan, and I think it'd be kinda messy to send it, eh?

Ohh but it sounds soooo yummy!!!

I don't even know How to make falafals. I think I have a recipe somewhere. Some vegetarian cookbook. No, I'm not veggie, but it has great vegetable recipes in there.

Dang, I should have stopped at the store.

Ok, who lives around here? I'm Comin' over fer dinner!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What`s cooking in the wilderness?..Scallops wrapped in bacon..Chicken drummettes done in a jamacian hot sauce..Baked potatoe with all the trimmings and a spring salad with a balsimic vinigar dressing...OUTLAW

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Frannie - forgot to say DON'T use olive oil.

Avocado is the best for this, or sesame.

HB

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Coooooeeeeeee, abr! That doesn't even sound "edible," chere!

At least it wasn't me that did it, I am sure she will cook me a gourmet meal as she is a fabulous cook, never ate anything she made that I didn;t love.

abr

• Kudra
    Kudra

What??

How come all of you are making such fancy stuff?

It's homemade this, homemade that, something or other in a white wine sauce...!!!!!

No one's having ramen or uhhhhh, reheated ravioli, like me...?

I feel like a culinary loser.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I don't even know How to make falafals. I think I have a recipe somewhere. Some vegetarian cookbook. No, I'm not veggie, but it has great vegetable recipes in there.

Black Swan, here's a link to an easy Falafel recipe, which I am now going to have to try.

http://mideastfood.about.com/od/quickandsimplemeals/r/easyfalafel.htm

• new boy
    new boy

Hay Kudra

At our ages...........food is one of the few pleasures we have left.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I find the whole ritual of chopping peeling arranging cooking very relaxing at the end of the day.

Or just beating the mix for Galettes, and making the filling.

I don't do time consuming elaborate dinners, but I think that self-respect means to do something kind to yourself every day.

Roasted joints or poultry, curries, chili, anything taking over an hour is only for when I have friends to stay.

HB

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Thank you Frannie!!

Looks like a good recipe too!

I'll make it, and I'll eat it, but I'll be thinking of yer gumbo sniffle, sniffle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit