Dallas ApostaCrawfest -- Official Thread

by Elsewhere 516 Replies latest members meetups

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Woo-hoo! Blondie and Irreverent are coming! Rassillon, I think they booked the Hilton Garden Inn (see page 1 of this thread), which is the closest one to Elsewhere's apartment complex, so you might want to check that out.

Party time! Excellent!

Nina

• Xena
    Xena

Don't ya love it when a plan comes together?

• Xena
    Xena
    By the way, if you two lovebirds are looking for a Honeymoon Suite, I can help you find one -- the Omni Mandalay in Las Colinas (only a couple of miles down the road from the two hotels I mentioned) is dreamy.

ooohhhh I stayed there not to long ago and loved it! My problem is I don't know the Dallas/Ft. Worth area well, hence I don't know what is where, so this is really helpful!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Okay let's mess up the pagination on this page.

Here is a map of Dallas and Fort Worth.

Irving is that blue area next to Dallas. It is approximately a 20 minute drive from downtown to Irving. Anyone who's been out to our house, we are east of that big number 2 below.

Las Colinas is part of Irving (northern part) and it's near Coppell (which is the green area)

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I'll check it with the mrs first, but if she's okay with it, I'll come down and 'git me some mud bugs'

steve

PS, do I need any precautionary shots before I eat them???

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    do I need any precautionary shots before I eat them

A few shots of tequila are pretty good!

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

FAQ: Which Hotel Should I Stay At?

Nina Posted:The Hilton Garden Inn (7516 Las Colinas Blvd., Irving, TX 75038, telephone 972/444-8434) is the closest hotel to Party Central, i.e., Elsewhere's apartment complex. Their rates are really good: $71 per night if you pay in advance and $79 per night gets you a full breakfast too. I left a message for their sales director to call me about group rates, but I'll bet we won't get any better than this. You can make reservations online at www.lascolinas.stayhgi.com or on the Hilton Hotels website.

I would strongly recommend everyone stay at this hotel as it is the closest to "Party Central", is very nice and has the best price.

I would say it is "walking distance" for anyone from a place like New York (about 3/4 mile).

For everyone else, we have plenty of parking in the vicinity of the apartment complex.

• daystar
    daystar

I will need details PM'd to me please.

Brigid and I both would love to see everyone. If she has her way, I may be influenced into wearing a Utilikilt this time. God help all of you!

• Xena
    Xena

Big Tex can you post or PM me the info on where you rented your kilt from?

Thank you.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Oh geez. I don't remember exactly.

Actually I rented that first one, the formal one. Then I bought a sport kilt, along with the shirt (which I look awful in). I'm going to have to ask Nina. She is Mistress of All Things Purchased. She has amazing powers, far beyond mortal ken.

Once I find out I'll PM you.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit