Dallas ApostaCrawfest -- Official Thread

by Elsewhere 516 Replies latest members meetups

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Hey Else, did you recover from the dust storm?

*Hack* *Hack* *Wheeeeeez*

Dust storms and chest congestion from the flu do NOT mix!

I had to close up my apartment and turn on the HEPA filter before I could breath again.

One good thing that came of the dust storm was a rare phenomenon that I had only seen on the surface of Mars (Thanks to the Mars Rovers!). On earth we normally have an orange sun with a blue sky, but on Mars there is an orange sky and a blue sun because of the large dust particles in the atmosphere. Basically the colors are reversed.

Today, due to the dust storm, we got to see a "Mars" sky here on earth!

Sun and sky on Mars:

Sun and sky today in North Texas:

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sometimes I can be such a geek!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsewhere.......please pm me with your address and what we need to bring and $$$ to donate.....

Thanks! Any help that can be provided is MUCH appreciated! These gatherings take a lot of time, energy and resources to make happen.

I'll shoot you a PM once I have more information about what all we will be needing.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

You can add me and one guest as well

• Xena
    Xena
    You can add me and one guest as well

Yes yes but what about the crawfish???

• hambeak
    hambeak

Count me in Else and let me know the location and what I can bring.

I enjoyed talking with you at Ninas at the halloween party looking forward to this one.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Hey Else also I know it costs a lot to put on a shindig so I will pitch in some $$$ as well.

PM me or call me and let me know you will have a pm

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Elsewhere, Im sorry I cant make it. The only way I can make another Apostafest is if Darin goes, and he cant go when his daughter is in school. Maybe if there is a summertime fest we could attend. Have fun and eat lots of Crawfish.

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Count me and a guest (most likely bridezilla) in. I'll keep watching this thread for instructions in regards to what to bring.

Thanks Else and Cruzan!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yes, today was QUITE a day, even for Dallas weather! Else, Jennie and I braved the wind and sandstorm to scope out hotels, but after the second time we got out Elsewhere's voice was getting croakier by the minute so we decided to do what all geeks do: finish up online. I had to go home and take a complete shower to wash

I'll get the hotel info and post it as soon as I can. There are several hotels near the Party Zone in Irving so be patient for a couple of days and I'll get group rates.

The clubhouse at Elsewhere's apartment complex ROCKS. There's a sitting area with a fireplace (shouldn't need that but it's nice ambience), a FULL kitchen, a MEDIA ROOM, a lovely large pool AND a HOT TUB.

We'll discuss Food To Accompany Crawfish as we get on with this.

FYI, it's a family friendly apartment complex but for those of you who are planning to bring small children, please make sure you keep an eye on them because of the pool. I'll bring a few kid-friendly DVDs for the media room, in case the wee ones get bored.

And for those of you who can't make it to Dallas by May 6, you will have another opportunity . . . stay tuned for DALLAS APOSTAFESTS -- PART DEUX!

Party on, people,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit