Dallas ApostaCrawfest -- Official Thread

by Elsewhere 516 Replies latest members meetups

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Yes yes but what about the crawfish???

Yes dear, sorry, I'll bring several hundred guests for dinner

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    sigh* About 1/2 of our roof...was in our back pasture! It's been an interesting day. A friend of ours in west Texas says all the dust came from her yard.

Yeah we had some shingles end up in our back yard as well. Fortunately our fence held this time. Last year when that hurricane hit east Texas and moved our way, it knocked down an entire section.

Chris

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Thanks IP_SEC! The mud bugs you brought last year were AWSOME! We can't get crawfish that big here in Dallas... the best crawfish obviously come from further south!

• bisous
    bisous

I'm planning to come for Ross & Diane's big day, so if I can hang around for the 6th ... I may see y'all....

• Xena
    Xena

FMZ is supposed to be coming as well, I need to send him a link to this thread.

We are going to be having some other Austin people who might end up staying over for the fest after the wedding. I'll have a better idea of the number when it gets closer to the date.

Yes dear, sorry, I'll bring several hundred guests for dinner

WooT!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Xena, I'm going to talk to the hotels in the area and let you know about group rates. Elsewhere lives in Irving, which is near DFW Airport and Las Colinas, and there are several nice-looking hotels (Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott, etc.) in the area. There are also a TON of great restaurants, so if everyone migrates to that area after the wedding, we could probably all get together for dinner and/or drinks at one of the watering holes the night before the crawfish boil.

For those of us within driving distance, there is plenty of parking around Elsewhere's apartment complex.

Nina

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hotel scoop:

The Hilton Garden Inn (7516 Las Colinas Blvd., Irving, TX 75038, telephone 972/444-8434) is the closest hotel to Party Central, i.e., Elsewhere's apartment complex. Their rates are really good: $71 per night if you pay in advance and $79 per night gets you a full breakfast too. I left a message for their sales director to call me about group rates, but I'll bet we won't get any better than this. You can make reservations online at www.lascolinas.stayhgi.com or on the Hilton Hotels website.

The Marriott's SpringHill Suites (5800 High Point Drive, Irving, TX 75038, telephone 972/580-1120) charges $99 per night. It's a little further away from Elsewhere's but looks lovely. I talked with their sales director about group rates and she made a big show about giving me $99 per night if we book 10 rooms or more, but you can get the same rate online at www.marriott.com, so big deal.

Those hotels are the closest -- there are a bunch around DFW Airport ranging from $44.10 (Super 8 DFW Airport North) to over $200 (pick any Hyatt). My vote is for the Hilton Garden Inn (easy for me to say, since I'll be staying in my own bed at home) -- that area is FULL of restaurants, it's right near a main highway, and if everyone stays there you know there will be good times! If you want something with an en suite kitchen, let me know and I'll get some options.

Where did everyone stay last year? I seem to recall a bunch of you stayed in the Irving area near Arrowstar. Let me know which hotel that was and I'll call and see what they can do for us.

(By the way, this is a fun week for me: I'm planning two client parties in Austin and San Antonio this summer, one family vacation -- end of May, helping Elsewhere with the crawfish boil, and getting ideas for E-man & Her Ladyship's July visit to our house. I love to party!!!)

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Where did everyone stay last year? I seem to recall a bunch of you stayed in the Irving area near Arrowstar. Let me know which hotel that was and I'll call and see what they can do for us.

Yeah but I thought that was out by the airport (DFW). That's not the part of Irving here is it?

Thanks for the research sweetie. You're the best.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    You're the best.

Mmmm, you said that last night too!

Nina

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

booked for Friday night - Sunday night. higher rate for Sunday night; must be something big going on in the area. Still a good deal for the 3 nights though. Looking forward to all the festivites. whoo!! thanks to Dallas crowd for making arrangments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit