Dallas ApostaCrawfest -- Official Thread

by Elsewhere 516 Replies latest members meetups

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

A c-store cooler would prolly be good HL

• codeblue
    codeblue

ok...this magnet thing has got me more excited Elsewhere....sign me up for one..I will pay you when I see the goods........that's the crawfish...lol

Just another broad range question: What should each person donate (money wise) that attends to help support and pay for the fun? crawfish that is???? I think I asked earlier, but was told as we got closer this would be addressed.

What time does it start??????????????????????????????? Do we have pool priviledges Else? or just crawfish/booze priviledges??? lol

So looking forward to meeting all the new ones I read about on the board and seeing all the ones I have met before...........this is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Codeblue

P.S. Looking forward to seeing Little Toe and Xena.....Thanks for sharing your honeymoon time with us people!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just another broad range question: What should each person donate (money wise) that attends to help support and pay for the fun? crawfish that is???? I think I asked earlier, but was told as we got closer this would be addressed.

What time does it start??????????????????????????????? Do we have pool priviledges Else? or just crawfish/booze priviledges??? lol

Good questions.

Right now, I don't know how much people should donate!

Please keep in mind that I don't expect any payment for the Refrigerator Magnets that will be given away at the crawfish boil. They will be free. I'll only ask for payment for those that want the magnets mailed to them.

Here are a few expenses I can think of off the top of my head.:

• $100.00 - Rental of the club house facility
    • $800.00 - REFUNDABLE deposit. If everyone behaves I will get all of this back.
    • $200.00 - Crawfish, assuming it costs about $2.00 a pound.
    • $50.00 - Expenses related to cooking the crawfish (Spices, corn, potatoes, crabs, propane, etc...)
    • $30.00 - Refrigerator Magnets for the event.

I'm also aware that a lot of people will be flying in and staying at hotels, so when you stop and think about it they will be spending a substantial amount of money just to attend. If the expenses for the party are reasonable enough, I plan on "eating" it since a lot of people will have already paid so much just to attend.

I think the biggest way everyone can help will be to bring beer, food and other general supplies like plastic garbage bags, paper bags (put the plastic bag in the paper bag to make a crawfish garbage can), soft drink cardboard boxes (you know, the short rectangular boxes that six packs come in... they will be used by everyone as "plates" while eating the crawfish) and most importantly to stay and help clean up after the party. I will also be needing some folding tables that everyone can stand around eating the crawfish. Basically it comes down to practical needs related to making the crawfish boils happen.

By their very nature Crawfish boils tend to leave a "body count" of dead mudbugs all over the place. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone would keep an eye out and pick them up and put them in the trash when they notice them on the ground.

Regarding pool privileges... weather permitting everyone is certainly invited to enjoy the pool and hot tub! I only ask that parents please keep an eye on their little ones. I would hate for such a great event to turn into a tragedy. The pool is surrounded by a very good fence and gate that is hard for children to get past, but as every parent knows, kids are almost as good as Houdini when it comes to getting past locks!

What time does it start? How about we have a discussion about that. Does 3:00 PM sound good? Please offer your input regarding start time!!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

oooo we doing crabs too!!! *saliva runs down chin*

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm also aware that a lot of people will be flying in and staying at hotels, so when you stop and think about it they will be spending a substantial amount of money just to attend. If the expenses for the party are reasonable enough, I plan on "eating" it since a lot of people will have already paid so much just to attend.

I think the biggest way everyone can help will be to bring beer, food and other general

Thanks for taking this into account. I'll bring beer and be on exoskeletal collection duties!

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

A suggestion and more questions:

I wouldn't have a problem with a bit earlier start: How about 1:00PM-- That would give some of us more time to mingle and what not.

Is it still for Saturday, May 26Th?

Also, Would we all have to get out of the pool by midnight? Does the apartment management have a time limit on this party?

YC

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Then it is settled:

Sunday, May 6th, 2007 at 1:00 PM.

Note: May 6th, not 26th.

oooo we doing crabs too!!! *saliva runs down chin*

Yeah, I like to buy a few pounds of blue crabs and toss them in with the crawdaddies. If someone is up to spending the money, they can drop by the Hong Kong Market and buy a few live Dungeness Crabs which are WAY better than blue crabs (much larger and much more meat that is much easier to access).

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, I don't know if we could get 80 lbs. of live crawfish into my garage fridge, but if you think we can, we can use that.

And if you can't think of what to bring, the simple gift of staying after to help clean up will be most welcome.

Nina

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    This was an innocent spelling mistake right? If not I wonder if I can redirect my flight to Lousiana...

How I missed this post I'll never know!

I dont misspell by mistake and YES! do it!!

I do have a licker license alt

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

YAY!!

It's settled!!

This is going to be such fun!!

/insert happydancing icon here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit