How's your recovery from the WTS coming along?

by Frannie Banannie 68 Replies latest jw friends

• becca1
    becca1

It's still pretty raw for me. I'm still fading. I have to do it more slowly then I'd like and that is frustrating. Coming here helps me to vent but it also keeps the wounds fresh.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    For poetry, my curious heart moves me toward romance. With short stories, I love dabblin' in twilight zonian science fiction. But with novels, I enjoy toying with synapse and neuron by way of the psychological thriller. But, truth be told, I'm too frenetic to stick with one genre for long.

LOL! I'm laughing with you, Abandoned....and shaking my head. I do the same thing with my crochet. I design crocheted items and write the patterns and have already found a publisher willing to pay royalty advance, etc. for my designs. BUT, I usually have 2 or 3 different designs going at the same time and switch around from one to the other when I feel bogged down.

Frannie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    It's still pretty raw for me. I'm still fading. I have to do it more slowly then I'd like and that is frustrating. Coming here helps me to vent but it also keeps the wounds fresh.

Awwww, ((((((Becca))))))). I don't know where you people get the strength to fade. I couldn't do it myself. I just jumped up and was "in their face." And BANG! I was outta there. But it'll get better, sweetie. Once you're able to get away from where you are right now. Moving would help a LOT, I understand.

Frannie

• Dagney
    Dagney

Better and better every day. There are scars I believe I will always have being raised a JW.

I too identify with Abandoned's thoughts.

I started out posting on Kline's "Pathways" at a very good time with some great posters that really spurred me on in my progress. I think if I didn't communicate on that forum, things would have taken a much longer time for me. I got to figure a lot out there with those friends.

I so appreciate the posts of many here who I can tell have well done the research on the topics they discuss. And Blondie's weekly update on the WT study is great. Since I deal with many JW's still, some are amazed at how I am so informed with what's going on within the org. (hehehehe...I'll never tell!)

Thank you again to the forum admin for providing such a strong and enduring place where all can come and be exactly who they need to be.

(BTW...I sure miss JCanon.)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Better and better every day. There are scars I believe I will always have being raised a JW.

I too identify with Abandoned's thoughts.

Dagney, I think we all have those scars, but as you say, it gets better and better every day. You're well spoken, Dagney.

Frannie

• bernadette
    bernadette

Mine's going really well - feel there's lots of distance between me and the wtbts now. Still have family in though - but can observe and accept more - thanks to jwd

• Gill
    Gill

Slowly, Frannie!

Unfortunately, I still have too much contact with family (parents) who are JWs. They regularly rub me up the wrong way with their BS and I just love to wind them up back! Oh the fun!! (sick really)

If I completely moved away from my family, I would in time lose all interest, but unfortunately that is not going to happen for a while, so recovery is slow.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Mine's going really well - feel there's lots of distance between me and the wtbts now. Still have family in though - but can observe and accept more - thanks to jwd

Oh, yeahhhhhh, Bernadett. I appreciate this forum for just that very thing. The people here have been such a wonderful help in getting the jdubya "kinks" outta my brain.

Frannie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Unfortunately, I still have too much contact with family (parents) who are JWs. They regularly rub me up the wrong way with their BS and I just love to wind them up back! Oh the fun!! (sick really)

If I completely moved away from my family, I would in time lose all interest, but unfortunately that is not going to happen for a while, so recovery is slow.

Aww, Gill. I'm sorry you hafta go through that. But, in time, you'll be able to ignore that part of their lives. It does feel sick to kinda "feed the beast" by being reciprocal regarding their jdubya diatripe, dudnit?

Frannie

• Gill
    Gill

Frannie - The problem with continual contact with JWs and so the WTBTS, is their criticism of absolutely everything that a person does and doesn't do. Every microcosm of a persons life is subject to criticism and frowning upon and total negative comment. As soon as I run up against even the tinniest criticism from my JW parents I feel it is my right to choose to react or not to react. Usually, it makes me feel better to react. I did al my 'shutting up' as a little foolish JW. Now I like to bring out the 'big guns' at the slightest comment of criticism. Sadly, I'm ashamed to say I enjoy it. That's why I think it's a big 'sick' really.

I can outshoot and out think a couple of brainwashed, elderly JWs who have wasted their lives and choose to continue in brainwashed oblivion.

What's so clever about that?! Absolutely nothing! Sad vengeance for my own wasted years.

As I said in my last post, I have a long way to go yet!

Looking at relatives who have wasted their whole lives being pioneers, elders etc, never getting a job, or even having children. They are just reaching the end of the road when it comes to so many opportunities that life allows us. I feel sad for them and angry at their continued foolishness......but really I recognise the anger as with myself for having been so completely stupid myself for so long.

Will I ever let it go? I don't know.

Anger is good if it is used wisely..so I try to control it and concentrate on discussing the WTBTS solely on this board and with those who are being 'studied' with. I have had a lot of success with peoples RV's and studies which means I now have to have a LOT of communication with as many people in the local community as possible, in a sort of discreet fashion.

But in the end Anger is the problem. Using it wisely is the safety valve and enjoying knowing more than my unfortunate JWs is just fun really. They can get very distressed when you can quote a Wagtower article that contradicts them and they have NO answer to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit