How's your recovery from the WTS coming along?

by Frannie Banannie 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I came on this forum a few years ago, already hyped up from online XJW chat groups and the H2O forum and raring to kick some jdubya butt. Then I began to calm down and I began to reach out to the newbies coming to this forum, helping (hopefully) where I could. After a while the subject of jdubya-ism began to sour on my brain and I began absenteeism from JWD at times, but I always come back. It progressed until I don't really feel the need to get "into" jdubya-ism anymore....I posted a few replies a day or so ago, but it's been several months since I visited this site. I don't feel anxious or upset when I run into jdubyas in public either now.

I also noticed before I began so much absenteeism here that quite a few of the "oldtimers" (not necessarily related to age, yanno) on this forum also are infrequent visitors to the forum.

So.....at what stage of healing from the WTS are yall?

Frannie

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I too, once spent a lot of time here, but now drop in only from time to time. And now when I drop in I seem to just drop into music threads, rather than JW related threads. I feel like I have been through it all, seen it all, heard it all and I am so DONE with the whole JW thing...

...until my JW sister calls and I get all pissed all over again.

But mostly I feel like I have moved on. I don't feel that anger I used to feel when I see JWs in public, either. That was a big thing. The emotions could almost knock me off my feet they were so strong, so overwhelming. I felt like that for years when ever I saw a JW. Now, almost nothing.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

But mostly I feel like I have moved on. I don't feel that anger I used to feel when I see JWs in public, either. That was a big thing. The emotions could almost knock me off my feet they were so strong, so overwhelming. I felt like that for years when ever I saw a JW. Now, almost nothing.

High 5's, LisaBo!

Frannie

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I'm at the "growing a new life" stage. It is coming along very well. I hope to be less motivated by WTS resistance and more vocal for things that wuold strip their power over others.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

My recovery's coming along fine. Standing up to the abusers of the Watchtower has helped me in nearly all facets of my life. I've begun to stand up for myself as an aspect of my personality and there are few things I've experienced that are as satisfying as having the self-love and self-respect to stand up and refuse to be pissed upon.

Instead of assuming that the emotional crap I've endured for years is a sign that God is disappointed in me, I'm taking the time to understand why I'm not very capable in some situations and what I can do to make improvements. Instead of walking around each day in a chartreuse haze, imagining those around me are evil followers of Satan, I look forward to the connections I'm blessed to make with those whom I come in contact.

I no longer have to feel guilty for having dreams and goals that have absolutely nothing to do with a group of anal-retentive assholes in Brooklyn, New York. I'm able to wallow and wade through the rippling waves of my desires without feeling the need to confess then to my local window-washer or apologize to someone who spends his time reading my mind.

I don't have to understand the universe. I don't have to give a damn about creation or evolution. I'm simply honored with the ability to appreciate that there are some amazing things going on around me and I'm here to enjoy them as best I can.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I'm at the "growing a new life" stage. It is coming along very well. I hope to be less motivated by WTS resistance and more vocal for things that wuold strip their power over others.

Good for you, AuldSoul. And I'm wondering what would strip their power over others from your point of view.....other than the "others" determination to "F-off" the WTS power?

Frannie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

My recovery's coming along fine. Standing up to the abusers of the Watchtower has helped me in nearly all facets of my life. I've begun to stand up for myself as an aspect of my personality and there are few things I've experienced that are as satisfying as having the self-love and self-respect to stand up and refuse to be pissed upon.

Instead of assuming that the emotional crap I've endured for years is a sign that God is disappointed in me, I'm taking the time to understand why I'm not very capable in some situations and what I can do to make improvements. Instead of walking around each day in a chartreuse haze, imagining those around me are evil followers of Satan, I look forward to the connections I'm blessed to make with those whom I come in contact.

I no longer have to feel guilty for having dreams and goals that have absolutely nothing to do with a group of anal-retentive assholes in Brooklyn, New York. I'm able to wallow and wade through the rippling waves of my desires without feeling the need to confess then to my local window-washer or apologize to someone who spends his time reading my mind.

I don't have to understand the universe. I don't have to give a damn about creation or evolution. I'm simply honored with the ability to appreciate that there are some amazing things going on around me and I'm here to enjoy them as best I can.

WOW, Abandoned! I've been making that same journey, as well. And you've explained it so well. Are you taking up writing? You should! You have a lot of talent there.

Frannie

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Are you taking up writing? You should! You have a lot of talent there.

Thank you very much. Writing is my passion and hopefully, some day soon, my means of existence. You have just made my night.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Writing is my passion and hopefully, some day soon, my means of existence.

That's marvelous, Abandoned. I wish you the best of success in your field of endeavor. Um....would you mind revealing what genre?

Frannie

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

That's marvelous, Abandoned. I wish you the best of success in your field of endeavor. Um....would you mind revealing what genre?

For poetry, my curious heart moves me toward romance. With short stories, I love dabblin' in twilight zonian science fiction. But with novels, I enjoy toying with synapse and neuron by way of the psychological thriller. But, truth be told, I'm too frenetic to stick with one genre for long. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit