How's your recovery from the WTS coming along?

by Frannie Banannie 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I gave them my young adulthood and middle years and all that's left to me is the Winter of my life. That just chaps my grits when I think about it. Oh, well. I'll worry about it tomorrow.

Scarlett

You brought tears to my eyes with that Frannie. I know that I am lucky in this respect. I wish I was younger - I wish I wasnt starting my education 15 years too late - I wish that begining a foot on the property ladder wasnt going to still be some years in front of me and knowing I will probably never be able to afford to retire (and I hate work so much, although I am educating myself so I can get a job I can enjoy). But when I see and speak to so many who only found out the truth much later in life I do feel so angry for you and it makes me feel grateful that I found out sooner in my life. I will try to make the most of the time that I have in honour of those like you who don't have so many opportunities available to them.

I met one lady from here called belmont at a fest in 2005 and she was not long out and in her 60's - a very kind woman and qwuite inspirational. Meeting her and realising how much harder it was for her and her husband to leave a life and social structure created over 6 decades and having to start afresh made me know that I could do it if I tried hard enough

hugs ((((Frannie)))))

• Gill
    Gill

Crumpet - I think you've said it all there! I know you miss your family badly from your other posts but i'm certain they haven't forgotten you.

Greendawn - I love the 'getting even' strategy!

Frannie - Isn't it the wasted time that hurts in the end though! Even if we do see the WTBTS fall, and i'm certain the cracks for a beginning to crumble have commenced, we don't get out time back.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I completely left long time ago in 1987 when I disassociated and quickly began a new life, all doubts about the WTS were cleared up by 1995 when I got on the internet and checked things out. It became obvious that the FDS was a scum. After that it was not a case of "perhaps they are right after all, they are a sincere moral people that serve a useful role in a godless society". Thereafter it was a case of trying to get even with them by helping people to not get in or to come out of the org.

HA, Greendawn! You don't get mad, you get even, eh? I don't really know that we ever will. I see it took you about the same amount of time to discover the internet and get up-to-date on reality that it took me. Wish we could have discovered it sooner.

Frannie

• Gill
    Gill

Frannie - Where was the internet when WE needed it?

Well, nowadays the young JWs HAVE the interent. As Dansk said a few weeks ago, 'The Watchtower is Dead. It just doesn't know it yet!'

The Internet has been the WTBTS's 'lethal injection'.

We may not get our revenge or 'even' but we will see it crumble and in ruins......in time.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    But when I see and speak to so many who only found out the truth much later in life I do feel so angry for you and it makes me feel grateful that I found out sooner in my life. I will try to make the most of the time that I have in honour of those like you who don't have so many opportunities available to them.

I met one lady from here called belmont at a fest in 2005 and she was not long out and in her 60's - a very kind woman and qwuite inspirational. Meeting her and realising how much harder it was for her and her husband to leave a life and social structure created over 6 decades and having to start afresh made me know that I could do it if I tried hard enough

You GO, Crumpet! And while you're at it, make lots of good friends. That's been the hardest thing for me, actually. No friends. It isn't easy to make friends at this stage of life. The two friends I thought I'd made turned out to be parasites that disappeared as soon as I became disabled and couldn't make a decent income. The joke's on them, though. I've located a publisher that will pay me royalty advances for my crochet designs and patterns. :)

Frannie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Frannie - Isn't it the wasted time that hurts in the end though! Even if we do see the WTBTS fall, and i'm certain the cracks for a beginning to crumble have commenced, we don't get out time back.

Yes, Gill. That is the "suckiest" of it all. But I'm using every precious moment that I can to turn what life I have left around and become the success I was meant to be. That will be my revenge. :)

Where was the internet when WE needed it?

Well, nowadays the young JWs HAVE the interent. As Dansk said a few weeks ago, 'The Watchtower is Dead. It just doesn't know it yet!'

The Internet has been the WTBTS's 'lethal injection'.

We may not get our revenge or 'even' but we will see it crumble and in ruins......in time.

Gill, I've already made up my mind that the last "breath" of the WTS is a must-see before I'm "dust to dust, etc."

Frannie

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    The joke's on them, though. I've located a publisher that will pay me royalty advances for my crochet designs and patterns. :)

Frannie - that is great news! Congratulations - they must be immensely satisfying for you!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

My saga has just begun, I have even bigger plans to expose the WT Cult. One step at a time. one hurdle at a time, I will let the whole world know what a child destroying cult the JW's are.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Frannie Banannie: And I'm wondering what would strip their power over others from your point of view.....other than the "others" determination to "F-off" the WTS power?

In many states, the cult currently enjoys protected communications between elders and between bodies of elders with the Society. By advocating for changes in legislation we can push their secrets into the light without costing privacy of confession for those who do not get emotionally beaten for years as a result of confession.

The fact that elders and COs are not required to keep confessions between the confessor and the confessee is enough of a distinction to create a legal dividing line to determine what communication is privileged.

If elders/COs cannot run things past the Society anymore, their authority structure will crumble in no time. If anything they run past the Society/anyone else becomes unprivileged communication, by their revealing it to a third party, such communication becomes legally exposed to the rules of discovery and they will fall from successful lawsuits.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• greendawn
    greendawn

Frannie, fortunately the dubs didn't get much out of me, I was only active for one year even though I was pioneering in that time (1979-1980) but then turned inactive until 1987. I could see many things that weren't right and which justified not contributing anything to the org. As for the internet unfortunately it didn't really come out until around 1993 (it existed earlier but was very limited) and really took off from 1994. Obviously the best way to settle scores with them is by interfering with their current and possible future members. It's no use getting drawn into the past in an emotional regressive way. Gill indeed the internet is causing them great harm and fortunately there are scores if not hundreds of sites large and small mercilessly exposing their every aspect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit