How's your recovery from the WTS coming along?

by Frannie Banannie 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

In many states, the cult currently enjoys protected communications between elders and between bodies of elders with the Society. By advocating for changes in legislation we can push their secrets into the light without costing privacy of confession for those who do not get emotionally beaten for years as a result of confession.

The fact that elders and COs are not required to keep confessions between the confessor and the confessee is enough of a distinction to create a legal dividing line to determine what communication is privileged.

If elders/COs cannot run things past the Society anymore, their authority structure will crumble in no time. If anything they run past the Society/anyone else becomes unprivileged communication, by their revealing it to a third party, such communication becomes legally exposed to the rules of discovery and they will fall from successful lawsuits.

How clever, AuldSoul! Outstanding. I never thought of it like that. Matter of fact, until I came to this forum, I never thought of it at all. But it's not like the confessor is confiding in a priest (like Catholicism) but rather to a group of men, who in turn can discusss the confessor's deeds ad infinitim amongst themselves. That's not confidentiality. And we all know that some elders DO rat out the guilty parties to their wives. I even witnessed a P.O. describing acts of intimacy between two individuals to a whole congregation during a dF-ing talk....from the podium. I was disgusted by what the P.O. did, not what he described, and my heart went out to the young pioneer sister being dF'd. Of course, the young pioneer bro was only reproved. pfffft!

Frannie

• Gill
    Gill

AuldSoul - Isn't that 'fear' the reason why the WT doesn't put its instructins in writing anymore if it can help it. And isn't that part of the reason why there is little 'controversy' in any of the WT publications anymore.

They have a crippling fear of lawsuits and dare not write anything down that could betray themselves in a courtroom for what they truly are.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Gill,

If you are asking whether the content of the publications has changed due to fear of lawsuits the answer is a resounding, "Yes!"

I can't really picture such fears playing into the First Century model where there were no massive coffers of money and assets against which lawsuits could be brought, nor was there centralized authority that could be similarly sued. Only materialistic corporations are concerned about such things.

However, what we are here discussing is the issue of privilege and whether privilege should extend to cover communications that go beyond the instance of confessional. In many states such privilege does not extend beyond confessional. If the sacred veil of confessional is breached by the confessee all claim to privilege is lost.

This is a vital point because if all states change their legislation similarly then the organization can no longer advise the elder bodies on decisions (nor can elders advise each other) without such advice becoming discoverable communication. Think child abuse. Think blood transfusions. What the elders and the Society says in such matters would become grounds for subpeona to discover it. What they have said in prior situations may also become discoverable, since this finer determination of what is privileged communication has been on the books for years in many states but not often tested in this way.

They are very afraid of this. Otherwise they would have pressed the recent California ruling to the higher courts. They lost. Then they lost on appeal to California's highest court. If they lost in the Supreme Court they would have created a national precedent and possibly national news as well.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    that is great news! Congratulations - they must be immensely satisfying for you!

Oh, yeahhhhhhhhh. Thanks, Crumpet. It is.....immensely.

My saga has just begun, I have even bigger plans to expose the WT Cult. One step at a time. one hurdle at a time, I will let the whole world know what a child destroying cult the JW's are.

Very commendable, JunctionGuy. But what about YOU? How are you handling your feelings and what are you doing with your life now? I don't get here often, so please forgive me if I haven't ready any posts you may have on these subjects.

Frannie, fortunately the dubs didn't get much out of me, I was only active for one year even though I was pioneering in that time (1979-1980) but then turned inactive until 1987. I could see many things that weren't right and which justified not contributing anything to the org. As for the internet unfortunately it didn't really come out until around 1993 (it existed earlier but was very limited) and really took off from 1994. Obviously the best way to settle scores with them is by interfering with their current and possible future members. It's no use getting drawn into the past in an emotional regressive way. Gill indeed the internet is causing them great harm and fortunately there are scores if not hundreds of sites large and small mercilessly exposing their every aspect.

Yep, Greendawn, you lucky duck (re: time wasted on WTS). I left in 1992 and didn't have access to the internet until 1999, seven years of isolation later.

Frannie

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well I still have the anger, it will take a long time for that to go away. My future plans are gonna bring me peace, happiness, and a sense of vindication, but make no mistake they will be controversial. I will never be an EX-ExJW, for if my plans work out, it will keep me busy for a long time to come. The satisfaction from it will be tremendous.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Well I still have the anger, it will take a long time for that to go away. My future plans are gonna bring me peace, happiness, and a sense of vindication, but make no mistake they will be controversial. I will never be an EX-ExJW, for if my plans work out, it will keep me busy for a long time to come. The satisfaction from it will be tremendous.

Alrighty then, JunctionGuy. Ya got me now. Would you be willing to divulge those plans? If it's something you can't reveal here for fear of trolls, then perhaps you could send me a PM? This inquiring mind wants to know.

Frannie

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I wish I could, but I dont want to give any false hopes just yet, Im testing the waters out now-so to speak. This may or may not progress very quickly, depending on the response that I get. There are alot of things I must accomplish first before this ever gets off the ground, so as much as I would love to tell you, right now I just cant. This will open up different avenues and will give me a different perspective. Sorry that's the best hint I can give right now.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I wish I could, but I dont want to give any false hopes just yet, Im testing the waters out now-so to speak. This may or may not progress very quickly, depending on the response that I get. There are alot of things I must accomplish first before this ever gets off the ground, so as much as I would love to tell you, right now I just cant. This will open up different avenues and will give me a different perspective. Sorry that's the best hint I can give right now.

Welp. Okay then, JunctionGuy. I hope things work out in the best way for you. I understand your need for discretion at this point. No general ever won a battle or war by giving away his battle tactics before engagement. :)

Frannie

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you Frannie, its not that I dont trust anyone here, but it will be very complicated to explain, and it may never come to any success. I just have to test the waters a little further, and then I can drop more hints.

• Gill
    Gill

AuldSoul - So, the Watchtower having lost its attempt to keep its child molestation information under wraps twice, does this mean that they have had to reveal everything to the courts or have they done some strategic 'theocratic warfare?'

Sorry Frannie - it seems that though this is slightly off thread, the fall of the WTBTS is very much tied up with people's vindication at leaving, and recovery from the WT experience.

Am i the only one with a 'I told you it was BS!' opinion trying to scream it out at every JW there is?

The WT is so tied up in covering its past grevious errors that it becomes a sort of entertainment watching it wriggle to cover its exposed rear end!

Junction Guy - I hope you get the bastards! They deserve exposing....and that will happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit