Do you belive you are anointed?

by unbaptized 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Why do you want to know?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Amos:
    You can't make it stick, so give up trying.

If you are "ancient of days" they might open the door a crack to believing its possible. As soon as you leave it will be washed out.

The only way to be accepted as such is to be old, consistently partaking for several years, and as completely in line with the WTS as its possible to get.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Of the six or seven "annointeds" (partakers) that I know, only one is counted among the remnant.

Counted by whom? I suppose you mean the local public opinion... because they are certainly counted in the (irritatingly steady, from the WT perspective) official figure of partakers worldwide (> 8,000)...

I too took the route of "partaking in April, df'd in May"... to me this was not a surprise but not a strategy either -- I acted conscientiously and didn't try to control the consequences. While the general response is easily predictable, you never know the effect it may have on individuals.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I believe the Biblical term of being born from God and having the hope as all Christian everywhere that we will be like him and serve him where he is. Anointed is a term that is used in reference to Christ and a JW term, the subject really didn't have much meaning in the first century as all thought and wrote about the same hope, ONE HOPE , one faith. So yes according to your question but rather use the term born from God.

abr

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hello Narkissos,

Can you tell us why you were dF in May, when you partook of the emblems in April?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Counted by whom? I suppose you mean the local public opinion... because they are certainly counted in the (irritatingly steady, from the WT perspective) official figure of partakers worldwide (> 8,000)...

Negative

I've helped the Congo Sec. prepare the figures and only one partaker is sent in to Bethel as anointed out of at least five (that I saw) last Memorial.

If you know how to ask the elders will answer even awkward questions. They refer to the unanointed partakers with a roll of the eyes, a sigh and "Oh Them!"

I want to know what makes some "real" and others not. What do they say that convinces the Elders that they are anointed?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Its not just words, its actions.

By rights the Elders are in absolutely no position to judge, as there is supposed to be individual testimony. Frankly the WTS hasn't got a clue...

• lesterd
    lesterd

If you are you know it, the kinship with Jehovah transends any organizational precepts on who is or isnt. If you lose it when you are no longer a member of the Borg then you never were, and those who partake mistakenly bring no judgement on themselves. You will notice that those long time parkaters as usualy quite, becuase for them to share the mana would most certainly contradict with the society is dealing out. The borg is geared towards the needs of increasing its numbers and not dispensing truth, the hard line truth that was taught by Christ would have most "Christians" running out tof all the religious churches.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Un: I posted you a PM about the 'hidden manna'.

Philia

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hello Star Moore,

I had a question regarding the hidden manna the anointed is supposed to receive? The scriptures state the adopted children of God would receive the hidden manna and a white pebble once they conquered and took their place in Heaven. How can an anointed receive this hidden manna if it is hidden in the Most Holy place which is Heaven? Also is there any other information or evidence that you can share that would make this more clearer to understand?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit