Do you belive you are anointed?

by unbaptized 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agapa37
    agapa37

Ok little toe, I see you don't want to go there. I truely belive you agree with me but will not admit it. At the same time, I do agree with what you said, which is that the:

WTS is distracted by the window dressing instead of focussing on the the true focal point of the NT, which is Christ.

I would love to chat with you but it seems that old habits are hard to break after leaving the JW's. I only can post 5 per day due to some paranoia. either I am being shunned for being a witness or I am being disciplined for speaking my mind like everyone else in here. Anyway, it was nice to chat with ya. I wouldn't be suprised if I was banned from here for making this comment, only time will tell.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    I truely belive you agree with me but will not admit it.

I didn't know you were taking mind-reading lessons. Anyhow, you might want to get a refund because alas you're wrong. I have no difficulty "admitting" my beliefs, as they are on record for the last five years. I don't want to derail the thread into discussions of Divine Will, though, hence my reticence about getting sidetracked. The discussion of the "New Heavens and the New Earth" is similarly another interesting one.

At the same time, I do agree with what you said, which is that the:

WTS is distracted by the window dressing instead of focussing on the the true focal point of the NT, which is Christ.

Then we agree on what I believe to be the most important page.

I would love to chat with you but it seems that old habits are hard to break after leaving the JW's. I only can post 5 per day due to some paranoia. either I am being shunned for being a witness or I am being disciplined for speaking my mind like everyone else in here.

I'm not clear what you mean by this statement. If you mean that you feel chastised for vaunting an opinion then you may need to grow a thicker skin, as this is a place for robust discussion. Whether or not you are a JW has little bearing on this, assuming that you are engaging in the process of "discussion" rather than just proselytising and regurgitating Watchtowers.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

agapa - why do you say we are returning to our original state? Do you mean we walk around butt naked and no longer know the difference between good and evil?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Apparently its ok to have your own vine and fig tree, but wearing the leaves will become a no-no

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Hi guys:

I've been reading the above posts with interest. I have tried to explore the original issue with the local JWs I study with: How do you know you are annointed? How could more people become annointed when 144,000 is the limit, and that is supposed to take into account the last 2000 years. How is it that someone today could suddenly feel that they were annointed?

The answers:

A. From a pioneer

A shrug.

"I don't know"

"It's just something that you feel inside"

"It is not for us to judge"

"I have no desire to be of the heavenly class"

B. From Superelder:

(In a conspiratorial whisper)"Well, the reality is that those people who now claim to be of the annointed have mental problems.

There you have it, folks, according to the society, if you are annointed then you must be deranged.

TS

Of the "I've-received-Jesus-as-my-Saviour-and-am-trusting-what-the-Bible-says-about-me-being-baptized-in- the -Spirit-and-having-a-heavenly-hope" class.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello,

The answers:

A. From a pioneer

A shrug.

"I don't know"

"It's just something that you feel inside"

"It is not for us to judge"

"I have no desire to be of the heavenly class"

B. From Superelder:

(In a conspiratorial whisper) "Well, the reality is that those people who now claim to be of the annointed have mental problems.

I was a witness since '79 and in 2000, I began partaking. Even though I was full time pioneering..I had 2 different elders take me into the back room and tell me, I wasn't anointed. The one had only been a witness for 5 years, minus his childhood, and an elder for just a few months.. Had never talked to an anointed person. But was SURE I wasn't. Also, he said that the only way a person would know, is to 'JUST KNOW'. Any other way was DEMONISM. UGH. Whatever!

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hello Star,

No one can deny your claim of being of the anointed class. Who ever does this is wrong. I don't care whether they are elders, superelders, superoverseerelders. It does not matter.

The choosing was never their responsibility anyway.

I just wanted to get some facts about what the calling is and how it is made. Because taking of the bread and wine are only symbolic, it does not make you an anointed child of God. It's the calling from God's Holy Spirit that makes you an anointed one. The bread and the wine seals your claim.

People laughed at John the Baptizer when he went to preach in the wilderness. The so called holy men of that time did not even recognize that John was God's messenger. When John was anointed or called to do this work, he explained himself in detail as to what he was supposed to do and what he was supposed to look out for when baptizing the Messiah. David was also anointed, he became King of Israel. No one knew of his anointing because it was held as a secret from King Saul and his men. People looked upon David in the begining as a mere sheep herder they did not know what God had planned for Daivd, but he point is people doubted David.

If someone would have challenged David's right to the throne, David could explain how he came to be an anointed of God. Now in saying this I wanted to know some facts behind persons claiming the Heavenly Hope. I want to know what was the indication they recieved letting them know that God had chose them from among mankind.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    It's the calling from God's Holy Spirit that makes you an anointed one.

Correct.

The bread and the wine seals your claim.

Incorrect.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Just wanted to get this point out too,

The scriptures says the anointed will receive a token to let them know that they have been chosen. To my knowledge the token they receive is like the token that Joseph had recieved prior to him entering Egypt. Joseph had recieved his token when he was just a mere child. He told his dream to his brothers and they all laughed and hated him for his vision. They did not know what the vision meant until it was finally fulfilled, Joseph did not even take revenge on his brothers because he concluded that God had already forseen this happening. So if someone were to ask Joseph how know that God had chosen him for this specific work he could tell them about his vision he had when he was a child.

So my conclusion is why can't the anointed give more details of their calling than just saying I know. Even other religions make this claim. Almighty God would not do a single thing and not leave a witness to his work.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hey Littletoe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit