Do you belive you are anointed?

by unbaptized 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I wasn't DFed. I walked out because Christ had become precious to me and I could see that the WTS was hypocritically calling itself a Christian organisation but encouraging people to restrain themselves from a desire to be with my Lord and Saviour (Matt.23:15).

If you genuinely feel that you want to be with him then you have already been "chosen" (for want of a better phrase). Throwing a location, like heaven verses earth, into the equation only muddies the waters. I would rather be in Hell with him than in heaven without...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oh, and I find it ironic that someone would tell people who have received the white pebble that they won't receive it until they die. Ermmm, like how would you know?? Is it because you've been informed by wolves in sheeps clothing, who have also never received it?

• agapa37
    agapa37

Throwing a location, like heaven verses earth, into the equation only muddies the waters.

I wonder what Jesus would say to such a response? When he spoke about his disciples ruling with him in the Kingdom, he mentioned alot about the location being in Heaven. Was he "mudd'n the waters?"

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

He also told the thief on the cross that he would be in paradise with him. So is Jesus to be in heaven or on earth, or was it a moot point since the point of it appears to have been about personal fellowship ("where are you going to, Lord?")?

• agapa37
    agapa37

He also told the thief on the cross that he would be in paradise with him. So is Jesus to be in heaven or on earth, or was it a moot point since the point of it appears to have been about personal fellowship (" where are you going to, Lord?" )?

Little toe, as an ex Elder you know the answer to that question. For once in your lif can't you just admit someone else made a valid point and humble yourself by admitting you spoke without really thinking. Remember brother, Jehovahs loves humble people and brings down the haughty.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I'm not sure what you mean annointed. I believe I'm going to heaven just like anyone else who believes in Jesus Christ and accepts him as their savior. Sounds like you are still clinging to old BS from the WT to me.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've thought deeply on this very point for several years. If its haughty to be proud of having a friend like Jesus, then so be it. I'll gladly shout it from the rooftops, and let noone knock me down for it. Goodness knows they have opportunity to knock me down on plenty of other subjects.

Sure Jesus is in Heaven, and it is on that basis alone that I desire to be there. Not because it's a DesRes with ocean views, but because of who is there (besides, there's no more sea, which really suxs for an island-boy like me).

You evidently recall that I'm an exElder, so maybe you'll know that I wasn't raised with any concept of going to heaven. I fully believed that I might have an opportunity to live on this earth, if so judged. From such a background the very concept is alien, especially with the dearth of information about heaven in the Bible compared to what my eyes can see in the physical world.

Its for this reason that I think that the "living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth" doctrine is rank materialism that detracts from the whole message of the Bible. The focus should be about whom you love, rather than what you're going to get out of the relationship. Hence my comment about it muddying the waters.

• RAF
    RAF

LT : Its for this reason that (A)I think that the "living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth" doctrine is rank materialism that detracts from the whole message of the Bible. (B)The focus should be about whom you love, rather than what you're going to get out of the relationship

(A) Agreed ... it doesn't help at all

(B) Which can be viewed as : what we adhere to spiritually talking (related to our state of mind towards others).

• agapa37
    agapa37

Little toe, I appreciate your answer and understand where you are coming from. I was pleasantly suprised that you didn't take offence to my comment. But my friend, you said: "It is for this very reason that I think the, "living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth" doctrine is rank materialism that detracts from the whole message of the bible."

Have you forgotten over the years that this "living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth" is Gods ORIGINAL purpose for mankind? Have you forgotten that not a word from His mouth goes unfulfilled? His purpose for mankind will be realized, He promised it and will see to it. The whole message of the bible is Jesus bringing man back to their original state. The first book of the bible puts man in perfect conditions here on earth, the books inbetween record our fall, and the last book of the bible puts us right back on earth in perfect conditions.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No offense taken. I take seriously the admonition of Eccl.7:9

You state with some certainly what you believe to be God's original purpose. Since you also agree that the word that goes forth will not return to him void, do you really believe that all of this caught Him unawares? There's just as much evidence that this was all the part of a master plan that would permit mankind to evolve into spiritual adults.

But that really sidesteps my point, which is that the WTS is distracted by the window dressing instead of focussing on the the true focal point of the NT, which is Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit