Do you belive you are anointed?

by unbaptized 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Unbaptized, I'm a non-JW, never been a JW, a regular Christian. I believe, in the biblical sense, that I am anointed, or baptized by the Holy Spirit. My understanding of the bible pattern that the gift of the Holy Spirit is a free gift for ALL believers.

• bebu
    bebu

I can ditto jgnat's post entirely.

The annointed "class" is a sheer fabrication of the WTS. They didn't even always have such a teaching. The theology only developed to help explain why their 'end of the world' propheies didn't come to pass. One more reason to reject it!

bebu

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Sure - with the oil as well.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hello jgnat,

Thanks for responding to my post.

The bible does say that the Holy Spirit is a free gift to Christians, but it also has different operations for different purposes. The bible does show evidence that the Holy Spirit was used for many different things. In the case of adoption into the Heavenly realm it has a different operation on the anointed than other christians. For example, Moses and Aaron were both anointed with God's Holy Spirit yet they both had different assignments and task. But the Holy Spirit is still the same spirit. What I'm trying to find out is what makes this calling different from all other callings.

When the Apostles were called some received invitation directly from Jesus or the Holy Spirit guided them to Jesus. We know God chooses them for Jesus, we should all be aware of that information. We know how the Apostle Paul was chosen. We know from the bible how other individuals were chosen or anointed by God to do his will. Why is it so difficult to explain and describe the calling of the anointed. It should not be a mystery should it? Everyone from the scriptures ever anointed by the Almighty God can explain how they came to be anointed by God for a particular task and now no one can explain how they were called as the Heavenly anointed class. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I cannot validate or deny what one feels his relationship is with the Almighty God, But I just wanted to know some details about it, so it will fortify my faith and joy even more.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Yes, God's Spirit bears witness with my spirit that I am! However, that is not a braging point, or one that makes me anymore special than anyone on this Board. And, I have as many problems common to mankind in general if not more so.

Outaservice

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I had a question regarding the hidden manna the anointed is supposed to receive? The scriptures state the adopted children of God would receive the hidden manna and a white pebble once they conquered and took their place in Heaven. How can an anointed receive this hidden manna if it is hidden in the Most Holy place which is Heaven?

Hi there:

I personally believe that we can conquer and go to heaven, before we die. Take John 14:23

..If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make our abode with him.

Remember that Paul had reached the point when he felt he had conquered..Note 2 Timothy 4:7

I have fought the fine fight, I have run the course to the finish, I have observed the faith. From this time on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me as a reward in that day, yet not only to me, but also to all those who have loved his manifestation.

Going to heaven, means, recieving everlasting life, or being at one with God and Jesus.

comments welcome.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hello Outaservice,

I understand perfectly what you are saying. The most important thing is having a relationship with God, not what position you have!

I totally understand what you are saying in regards to humility.

I do have a question though.

Paul was called by Jesus, the Roman Army Officer Corneilus was called on and anointed by God, How were you anointed by God?

What makes your calling different from those who claim they are truly of the anointed class of Christians?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I believe my calling is the same as all who feel annointed, in that declaring belief in Christ, you receive the Holy Spirit/Annointing/Calling free, as a gift (Grace).

Now this is not said as to be a theological arguing point, but only as I presently see and believe things.

Outaservice

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hello Star,

You are right a person can conquer the world before they actually die. But the reward of immortality, the hidden manna, white pebble with the new name inscribed is reserved for those when they actually enter the Heavenly realm.

When you said that you received the hidden manna, I did not understand whether you were talking figuratively or literally. I want to know what made your calling sure?

Every individual in the bible who was called by God can describe his or her anointing in detail, I want to know why has that changed and why is it made a mystery when in fact it's not a mystery?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Minister Amos:

I've helped the Congo Sec. prepare the figures and only one partaker is sent in to Bethel as anointed out of at least five (that I saw) last Memorial.

I am really surprised at that -- not that I question your word on it, but afaik it is not (or was not 20 years ago) the usual WT policy. Normally all partakers except non (baptised) JWs or df'd people would be counted. Should all JW congregations work as yours I am sure the worldwide figure would be well under 8,000 by now.

Unbaptized:

I was df'd for apostasy, after a Judicial Committee asked me a list of doctrinal questions. One of those questions was about the "two hopes" doctrine which I didn't believe anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit