If I was to walk into your home . . .

by Lady Lee 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Every time I come in I have the biggest smile on my face. Thank you all so much for my virtual tour of your homes

What has made the thread great is so many have opened their homes in the virtual realm to welcome a visitor

Clearly from the sound of it you have all found ways to "get a life" after leaving the WTS.

Your homes sound filled with things you love, family, comfort and warmth - well except for Mouthy who is still wearing extra pairs of socks but we all know there is enough warmth in her heart for us all.

(((((((((((to all of you))))))))

• Carmel
    Carmel

before you even made it to my door, you'd see a large spuce burl finely sanded and polished hanging on the entrance wall with the following carved into it. "Welcome to Our Home" Then when you get to the front door, you'd see it is mostly clear glass so you can feel you are inside before you even get there. All are welcome, of any faith or no faith at all. The living room focuses on the fire place with a large framed tapestry from India over the mantle. It is a fine silk hand made picture of a Shik prince with his wedding enturage. On the center table between the couches is a display of three beautiful coffee table books with pictures of of Israel and more specifically Haifa and the surounding country side. The living room and dining room are accented with large house plants with four large windows looking out over the bay. My collection of elephants from several countries accents the built in wall library that also shares space with a built-in stereo. the lap top is well hidden along side my overstuffed chair. My black and white terrier is asleep on the ottoman. come on in, I'll put on the coffee pot unless you'd prefer herbal tea or maybe a couple fingers of unsweetened grape or cranberry juice. carmel

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Our Christmas tree - still up. But only our friends here would get the significance of it being our second Christmas tree ever and the not wanting to take it down.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

In my place, the most telling thing would be what you DON'T see: Pictures of--and by--my kids.

I had to take them down a few months back because the situation which led them to decide now to shun me (more due to influence of their manipulative JW dad than anything else) occurred then--and right in conjuction with my major back surgery, which left me at home alone, unsupported, in much pain, and needing to physically heal--but unable to drive and unable to get away from all of the visible reminders all around my apartment that were tearing into my soul every waking hour of every waking day.

I seriously contemplated suicideso much then. ...I couldn't even take the items down myself. Had to get help with that process because I wasn't physically in any position to do it. And I wasn't emotionally in any position to NOT do it.

Moving forward this way is so hard...my eyes are burning wet and red as I write this.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I have my NaNoWriMo writing awards and a framed copy of me on the front page of the X section of the newspaper hanging just above my bed. Above my desk, I have my favorite books on writing.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Our Christmas tree - still up. But only our friends here would get the significance of it being our second Christmas tree ever and the not wanting to take it down.

Oh! Pioneer Spit - that is too funny. I know what you mean, though. This was my FIRST time decorating and I still have my stuff out. I'm putting it all away slowly. I just don't want to too let go of my first Christmas...!

(I thought about adding that in my own post, but was a little embarrassed...!)

-Aude.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Sorry--I just read the posts on this thread. I didn't mean to ruin the fun theme.

Before you even walk into my apt., right on the hallway door is a large yellow poster board with a drawing of a big dinosaur that my youngest son made. It says, "Dino Door My Name Apartment Room" and the number on it. He drew it four years ago, when he was 8.

• PEC
    PEC

((((((J-ex-W))))))

No need to apologize.

Philip

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you came into my home and entered my room, the rest of the hous is my wifes rooms, you would 24 guitars hanging on the walls and on stands a set of drums, a piano, saxaphone, zylaphone, 4 different recoding machines, and my computer. I like music. I write songs and I play professionaly in bars, honky tonks and clubs. Also one wall 15 x 8 is my library of books I have read.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Lots of half finished rooms! Also, boxes and boxes of electronic components as we're running a new business from home (can't afford a unit yet, so it looks like a factory.
    Kids' bedrooms are full of fauna, ie. rats, budgies, tarantulas, lizards, snakes, frog, snails and crickets.
    Cat and rabbit in our woodland garden.
    Loft conversion with all the computer stuff, more stock and another lounge.
    A big, friendly mess!! You're all welcome any time!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit