Unbelievable comment in Jan 1 2007 WT

by penny2 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TopHat
    TopHat

Fred Franz and Knorr sending messages from beyond the grave? Heaven Forbid!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    The dead anointed study the revised Revelation book on Tuesday nights in heaven so they can keep up with changes in the organization so that the truths they channel fit the established "pattern of truth".

Gary, I wouldn't be surprised if the gb made that claim, and some dubs would believe it lol

And the statement in the Jan 1st wt is only a "maybe", and therefore deniable.

• penny2
    penny2
    I found this quote in the Revelation Climax book

Blondie, I've just checked this in my copy of the Revelation book, and sure enough, I've even got it underlined. I can't believe that this didn't set off alarm bells in my head at the time.

the statement in the Jan 1st wt is only a "maybe", and therefore deniable.

Fullofdoubtnow, that makes it even more annoying!

Thanks everyone, for your comments and research.

penny2

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

17 From the time of the apostle John and on into the Lord’s day, anointed Christians were puzzled as to the identity of the great crowd. It is fitting, then, that one of the 24 elders, representing anointed ones already in heaven, should stir John’s thinking by raising a pertinent question. "And in response one of the elders said to me:‘These who are dressed inthewhiterobes,whoaretheyandwheredidtheycomefrom?’SorightawayIsaidtohim:‘Mylord,youaretheonethatknows.’" (Revelation7:13,14a) Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. For their part, those of the John class on earth got to learn the identity of the great crowd by closely observing what Jehovah was performing in their midst. They were quick to appreciate the dazzling flash of divine light that emblazoned the theocratic firmament in 1935, at Jehovah’s due time.

Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John.

Thanks Blondie for posting this quote from the Revelation book. I would like to know how that one of the 24 elders went about locating the answer. Do you suppose he had some sort of index up there in heaven?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    "It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today." (The 24 elders = "anointed Christians in their heavenly positions".)

Wouldn`t that qualify as spiritism?...

By the way, what the ... is the "24 elders group" ? They have a group for that too, the 24 elders in heaven in Rev? Ok, are they literally 24 elders (and if so, who?), or is it a group, as in class (although there is no indication in Rev that these are a group at all, just like the other groups), consisting of...how many? If it is literal, is the "24-elder-group" allready full? How many of them are JWs? Russel? And Rutherfords? All? Shouldn`t the apostles also be part of this group?

When will they ever stop with these stupid, insane "interpretations", that have nothing to do with the Bible at all...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Notice that the phraseology and sentence structure of the current 2007 Watchtower

"It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today."

is almost identical to that of the Revelation book published almost twenty years earlier.

"This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today."

The corporation is running on recycled fumes!

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

Key words, "may be". This is not definite. It does however get the 'ignorant' followers to think it may new truths coming forth from the FDS. Play on words again. Truths are not based on 'may be'.

Golf

• anewme
    anewme

The Witnesses are so used to swallowing this poison, this fantasy story, that they no longer wince or choke on its nasty taste like we do here.

It smacks of heresy and blatant lying manipulation! Yes, why not go further and speculate WHICH of the so-called anointed are passing along the "new light" of truth!

Fiction writers! The nerve forcing people to waste their time weekly on this fictional drivel!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Present leadership points to past leaders and suggests - with pride - that these dead guys are still steering the ship from beyond the grave. And yet, the past leaders are now known to have been completely wrong on almost everything they taught - from aluminum cookware to vaccinations to 1975 to the length of the "generation" that would see the end. Why on earth would anyone look to these guys - dead or alive - for guidance?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit