Unbelievable comment in Jan 1 2007 WT

by penny2 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• penny2
    penny2

Page 28, paragraph 11 says in part:

"It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today." (The 24 elders = "anointed Christians in their heavenly positions".)

I couldn't believe it! I can only hope that comments such as this will cause more JWs to start questioning who they are putting their faith in.

penny2

PS - Sorry if this has already been covered. Blondie will have a field day with this WT!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings penny2

There's just no end to the hocus-pocus. Notice how they cover their unsure butts "its seems", translation----- We don't know, but......

Dismembered

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Simply unbelievable!!!

It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today."

Now Jehovah cant communicate, I hope honest hearted people wake up, this is borderline Heresy.

Rev 22:18 “I am bearing witness to everyone that hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll;

DIVINE COMMUNICATION STOPPED ALMOST 2000 YEARS AGO, AND THERE IS NO EVIDENCE IT HAS STARTED AGAIN.

2 Thess 2:3,4 3 Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called “god” or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god

Get out of her my people

abr

• carla
    carla

Who exactly are the 24? Am I correct in assuming they are implying communication with the dead? The dead are somehow relating info to the wt? I thought it supposedly came from jah himself. Isn't communication with the dead (necromancy) condemned?

Necromancy definitions-

The raising of the images of the dead, considered in antiquity and by modern occultists as a practice of Black Magic. Iamblichus, Porphyry and other theurgists deprecated the practice no less than Moses, who condemned the "witches" of his day to death, the said witches being often only mediums, eg, the case of the Witch of Endor and Samuel.

Divination through communication with ghosts or corpses. The spirits of the dead are sought for information because they are supposedly able to access information beyond that available to the living. Necromantic rites are not practiced in Witchcraft or Wicca. ...

conjuring up the dead, especially for prophesying

• penny2
    penny2
    Notice how they cover their unsure butts "its seems", translation----- We don't know, but......

Exactly, dismembered! When communication takes place, there are usually two parties involved. The one doing the communicating and the one receiving.

When someone receives communication, they know it. There's no "it seems" or "may be". So why don't the GB/FDS book publishers know whether they are being communicated with?

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Fred Franz is still bossing them about from beyond the grave.

• penny2
    penny2
    Fred Franz is still bossing them about from beyond the grave.

Maybe Knorr as well. Now that would be a nightmare, going by the Bethel stories lately.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, with a little searching of the WT-CD 2005 using "24 elders" I found this quote in the Revelation Climax book in connection with Revelation 7:14, the verse they are referencing in paragraph 11 of the last study article in the 1/1/07 WT. JWs are now studying this study book, some for the 4th time but others for the 1st time and may need some reinforcement to believe this unscriptural comment from the WTS/FDS/GB. Notice that the red highlighted part is word for word what is in paragraph 11 of the WT article. (in fact this is the only other place this phrase in found on the WT-CD)

*** re chap. 20 p. 124 par. 17 A Multitudinous Great Crowd ***

From the time of the apostle John and on into the Lord’s day, anointed Christians were puzzled as to the identity of the great crowd. It is fitting, then, that one of the 24 elders, representing anointed ones already in heaven, should stir John’s thinking by raising a pertinent question. "And in response one of the elders said to me:‘These who are dressed inthewhiterobes,whoaretheyandwheredidtheycomefrom?’SorightawayIsaidtohim:‘Mylord,youaretheonethatknows.’" (Revelation7:13,14a) Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. For their part, those of the John class on earth got to learn the identity of the great crowd by closely observing what Jehovah was performing in their midst. They were quick to appreciate the dazzling flash of divine light that emblazoned the theocratic firmament in 1935, at Jehovah’s due time.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today ."

So it's their fault if we need to change something, not the living anointed, but the dead.

Also- this is necessary since the anointed had absolutely no input on what God was trying to tell
    his witnesses while the anointed were alive.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The dead anointed study the revised Revelation book on Tuesday nights in heaven so they can keep up with changes in the organization so that the truths they channel fit the established "pattern of truth".

The Jehovah's Witnesses are spirit channelers. Have been ever since I was associated with them starting in 1950. Their baptism poem says the baptism connects the new member with the "spirit" directed corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit