Unbelievable comment in Jan 1 2007 WT

by penny2 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

According to my 1917 copy of The Finished Mystery, page 256, Pastor Russell "....supervises, by the Lord's arrangement, the work yet to be done."

On page 144 he is still managing the harvest work.

See page 334 for a real good laugh. Russell is the same angel mentioned in Rev 1:1 and is talking to the John class from beyond the veil.

So, this sillyness has been going on for a lot longer than 20 years.

Cheers

Chris

• penny2
    penny2
    Can anyone scan this?

Just checked in Jeff. I need to work out how to scan a document and I'm very busy for the next few days.

This whole WT is a bit of a 'gem' so would be worth getting your own copy if you could. Maybe a poster near you who is still going to the meetings wouldn't mind getting a placement??

If no satisfaction by the end of the week, I'll give the scanning a go.

penny2

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

It sort of makes sense, though. This way, Jesus isn't screwing up their doctrine. It's the new guy's fault.

You know how you have to wait forever in the line at McDonald's when the new guy is working the register because he takes so long to get it right? Well ... sort of the same principle.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey Black Sheep!

The Finished Mystery is online at

http://www.reexamine.info/pre1920/sis7.pdf

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Here's the actual words from The Finished Mystery:

8:3. And another angel.— Not the “voice of the Lord,” mentioned in the preceding chapter, but the
    corporate body— the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, which Pastor Russell formed to finish his work.
    This verse shows that, though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is still managing every feature of the
    Harvest work. “The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society is the greatest corporation in the world, because from
    the time of its organization until now the Lord has used it as His channel through which to make known the Glad
    Tidings.” — Z.’17-22; Rev. 14:18; 19:17.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I found the following stuff at this site http://gwest59.tripod.com/ChristIsLord/id36.html

"It is fitting, then, that one of the 24 elders, representing anointed ones already in heaven, should stir Johns thinking...(Revelation 7:13, 14a) Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today." Revelation-Its Grand Climax At Hand!, p. 125 (emphasis in original)

[Rev. 8:3] "This verse shows that, though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is still managing every feature of the Harvest work." The Finished Mystery (1917), p. 144

"we hold that he supervises, by the Lords arrangement, the work yet to be done." The Finished Mystery (1917), p. 256

"Hence our dear Pastor, now in glory, is without doubt, manifesting a keen interest in the harvest work, and is permitted by the Lord to exercise some strong influence thereupon." Watch Tower, Nov. 1, 1917, p. 6161 [Societys reprints]

"No one of the temple company will be so foolish as to conclude that some brother (or brethren) at one time amongst them, and who has died and gone to heaven, is now instructing the saints on earth and directing them as to their work." Jehovah (1934), p. 191

End quote

That last quote is interesting, it is an apparent contradiction!!

So old false prophets Russel, Rutherford, Knorr and Franz are directing the work from heaven YUK!!!. The WTS has propagated an abomination of the highest degree!! and the dubs have fallen for it.

• penny2
    penny2

My attempt at scanning in the WT page didn't work (sorry Jeff). Too small to read. Hmmm! My search for a solution continues.

penny2

• Rooster
    Rooster

Rbi8Matthew18:1-11***

In that hour the disciples came near to Jesus and said: "Who really is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens?" 2 So, calling a young child to him, he set it in their midst 3 and said: "Truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU turn around and become as young children, YOU will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens. 4 Therefore, whoever will humble himself like this young child is the one that is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens;5 and whoever receives one such young child on the basis of my name receives me [also]. 6 But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who put faith in me, it is more beneficial for him to have hung around his neck a millstone such as is turned by an ass and to be sunk in the wide, open sea.

"Woe to the world due to the stumbling blocks! Of course, the stumbling blocks must of necessity come, but woe to the man through whom the stumbling block comes! 8 If, then, your hand or your foot is making you stumble, cut it off and throw it away from you; it is finer for you to enter into life maimed or lame than to be thrown with two hands or two feet into the everlasting fire. 9 Also, if your eye is making you stumble, tear it out and throw it away from you; it is finer for you to enter one-eyed into life than to be thrown with two eyes into the fiery Ge·hen´na. 10 See to it that YOU men do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell YOU that their angels in heaven always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven. 11 ——
    The Governing Body are as the little children here illustrated, How dare you speak of them as ordinary people! They are Gods now!!!
  • Perry
    Perry

I mean , soon will come a time when GB is no longer made of anointed. If they claim that the 24 elder (anointed resurrected in the sky) are driving the GB from their invisible position , there's no question about authority . Whoever will sit down in Brooklyn button room will be under God direction. For a JW will be exactly like in the present time, Faithful and discreete slave is on top of the earthly organization .

Can you see it ?

Ancientofdays is on the right tract above I think.

Think about it, they only have two options as I see it.

(1) They continue to appoint young annointed GB members who were baptized after 1935 and thus continue to dilute the whole doctrine of the F&DS with the replacemet theory, as well as cast even more doubt on Christ's invisible return in 1914. Or,

(2) They do exactly what they did in 1914 when Christ did not return as predicted. Instead of saying, "Hey we're sorry. We made a mistake". They essentially said, "Oh yes he most certainly did return, we were just wrong about whether it was going to be invisible or not. You can't see him but we can". So, now they are doing the same thing with the false F&DS prediction..... essentially saying, "Yes, they're all dead now. But, don't think for a second that we were wrong about their appointment from God. Oh no, they are still at the helm of the ship faithfully and discreetly discharging their duties. True, you can't see them because they are dead. But we still "see" them and feel their direction.

I guess it really is only "fitting" that an invisible return should be followed by invisible appointments, with duties now apparently discharged by invisible leaders.

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

as long as they use phrases like "may be", i dont think many will question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit