If Jehovah isn't the true God then who is?

by unbaptized 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

If Jehovah isn't the true God then who is? If the Jehovah's Witnesses aren't God's people then who is?

Please let me know and I need current information, not outdated information regarding the origin of the organization. I need biblical facts that can be researched.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

WOTAN

Nowadays he is worshipped by a small remnant of Druids fighting to maintain pure worship in the face of massive inroads from a dying cult.

HB

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Who's to say he isnt? But I dont believe the wts is the "true religion"!!!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

unbaptized, I'm a little confused with your request. Have I understood you?

1) Who is God?

2) Who are the followers of God?

3) What is the origin of the Jehovah's Witnesses?

4) I have no idea what biblical 'facts' you are asking for.

Maybe its just me, but, could you expand on your question, and we'll see what we can do for you.

steve

• moshe
    moshe

"I need biblical facts that can be researched."

Unbaptized, surely you know that the Bible is primarily a book based on faith. I know of no religion or God that can be proved with facts available to people living today. Now, Gods that are proven using stories of events that happened long ago are plentiful indeed.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Your post is a great example of a point I have repeatedly attempted to make: that the Watchtower questions have a deeper and more lasting effect on people's minds than the Watchtower answers.

Why would there be something like a "true God"? If there really is something/someone like the "God" of monotheism, why do you think it would have to be identified with one particular god of the ancient polytheistic world (like Yahweh), or one particular version of "God" among modern religions and sects (like "Jehovah")? Why would he own a "people" in particular?

By all means question your questions.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Why do you need the bible to prove Jehovah? That's circular proof.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Great question

I am glad I don't get into the deep, deep thoughts any more.

It will be good to see all the comments every-one comes up with.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

God is.... "God".

The extent to which He's true or not, you'll have to find out for yourself. But I wouldn't go trusting all the diverse interpretations of ancient "Holy texts" as a starting point, especially not WTS ones!

Didier:Good point, regarding the questions!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If Jehovah isn't the true God then who is? If the Jehovah's Witnesses aren't God's people then who is?

I don't think those two questions have anything to do with each other. Like Toe said God is God whether you call him jehovah or not. And even if you think that jehovah is God's true name that doesn't mean that the jws are his people, the only true representatives of God on earth. I really don't think there is any biblical proof to up hold that they are, nevermind any to prove that they aren't.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit