As of Thursday night I am no longer a Jehovahs Witness

by Es 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Ohh thanks akjeff would be a honour to join this family

es

• sf
    sf
    He also said there was no bad feelings and that I should never doubt there love for me

Aren't they a hoot!

sKally

• anewme
    anewme

Es, you are officially FREE!!!!
    Poor poor people still trapped in that cult!

But you just concentrate on your immediate family, your husband, your children.

Dont worry about the others.

Be happy Es.

Anewme

• Es
    Es

Thanks guys and your right I am free now, not only am i not a JW anymore but i wont be still classified as one

es

• deeskis
    deeskis

((((Es))))

Thinking of you at this bittersweet time. Just be content in the love of your own special family, knowing that you will never put your precious children through such bullshit.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ah here's the thread I was looking for! Hang in there kitten, it gets good and bad and hot and cold but as you know the pain heals and you just have a little scar to remind you that you've been through something.

I know how much you love your parents, and how much they love you, but they love their organisation more, and your fool of a father has no other way to try to assert his control. They think that this is for your own good. It will take a long time for them to realise that they've made a mistake and by the time they do your beautiful kids will probably have their own. In the meantime we hold onto those fantastic things we have in our lives - those magnificent men of ours who carry us through, our freedom, and you have those kids who are just terrific, and that's because you're a terrific mum. They don't know what they're missing; their gorgeous daughter in the prime of her life, and getting to know your hubby and their grandchildren. Mr Frass wants to tell them that it's their loss. It would be so nice to be able to tell them what fools they are, to do this to the family.

You know I think that if I had kids I wouldn't want my parents around poisoning their precious minds with the same thing that screwed me around. It must be so hard to try to find a balance, you want the kids to have loving grandparents in their lives, and you don't want to be a harsh mum who keeps family away, but I really think you'd be doing yourself, and hubby, and especially the kids, and even (if it matters) your parents a favour by being a package deal. Not that Mike would be interested, but can I suggest that you do something now to make your parents understand that they won't be seeing the kids without one or the other of you around? If you can set up a rule like that now they will start to understand the consequences of their choices but more importantly for you it won't be the new problem that is out there on the horizon, waiting to surface. You can start closing this thing now if you take control.

As you say, it's not like they're going to phone up and ask to see them, what worries me is that eventually you'll probably get a lame card addressed to the kids with some head-screwing message inside it along the lines of "If only your mum wasn't so mean we'd be able to see you because we love you sooo much but..." I'd be telling them the rules now, and that you're not going to take that kind of thing.

Anyway it's your family so we should all just butt out I know. You, and Mike, and the kids; they're the most important things in the world and you know best. I'm sure that between the two of you, you'll work it out.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Just wanted you to read this again by Brent, it's good!

After my daughter was born my wife and I explained to my JW mom that we are a package deal. She either accepts all of us or there will be none of us. The grandmother urge was stronger then the JW beliefs were. I had to explain to my mom that my daughter will not be exposed to a toxic environment of minds games and conditional love.

Sometimes you have to force them to put a price on thier goofball doctrines. You can have a screwball belief but we must also make it clear to them that there are consequences to all of them.

It came down to "Mom, do you want to be a grandma to my daughter or not?" It was a yes or no question. She said yes.

• Es
    Es

Thanks deeskis heheh loved the chocs,

heya sass- im all good babe, yeah will just take it as it comes, they have already sent a card like that to Blake that i read, and never gave to Blake and I emailed a pretty harsh email so they know where i stand, and they know i have already said i dont want them to indoctrine Blake, guess will just play it by ear, who knows Blake might not even want to go there.

es

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Invite them to his birthday party and to christmas dinner...

We don't have a monopoly on bogus families, we just have an unusual and harsh story. Still, even when our family was entirely paid-up JW, we were pretty broken. My eldest sister has two young sons, and one was giving his first talk in the second hall and I happened to be there for the meeting (she invited me for dinner for the first time in years and the price was meeting attendance afterwards). The kid giving a talk was just a surprise, but the bigger surprise was that she hadn't told our mum the JW and proud grandmother who oldest sister doesn't talk to. Sister didn't want mum making a fuss and making the kid nervous. It got better for a while, until I messed everything up again *YAWN*

Good on you for laying down the law. They made a choice; this is the result. When Blake is older you'll be able to explain it to him better, but just as long as he knows that everybody loves him, he'll pull through.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

ES, I hope that the tears you cried about this is the last time you have to and it all works out for you

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit