purplesofa

hey ES,

Thinking of you

(((hugs))))

purps

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((es))))))

i'm proud of you !!!!! ME tooMatthew 15 verse 3 describes your Dad to a T...
    Put daughter in the place of Father & Mother...Your Dad is trying to say he is doing this for GOD but
    Jesus said after he listened to this "You nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition You hypocrites!!!
    He thinks by banging on doors ,by meeting men 5 times a week is done for GOD!!!! Yet he is missing the ONE thing GOD demands LOVE!!!!!! Even out enemies PITY!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Should read OUR instead of out.... OOPS

• Es
    Es

heehe @sass yeah my nan lives there now so I was thinking now that they know they wouldnt have a prob with christmas cards and bday cards sent to there house for her heheh.

thanks avid, purplesofa and mouthy your the best.

Got a phone call last night from dad, he rang my mob and i didnt get to it in time so he rang the home phone which Mike answered, he said to pass on the msg that Im allowed to go to there house and visit my nan provided they are at work!!!! And that he wantes Mike to know there was no ill feelings in which Mike said yeah well actions speaker louder than words.

Hehe didnt take long...oh well

es

• Scully
    Scully
    He also said there was no bad feelings and that I should never doubt there love for me, and that the stupid thing of it is they can associate with Mike and the kids just not me.

Es, I hope you straightened him out and told him that your family is a package deal. If they choose not to associate with you, they will NOT be associating with your children or your husband. You need to have a chat with Mike and get him to understand the gravity of this position.

You do have the right to refuse them access to your children. Your parents do not have "rights" as grandparents. Association with grandchildren is a privilege contingent on how they treat their grandchildren's parents. The way I see it is this: if they are going to disrespect you by shunning you in the presence of your children, it teaches your children that it is appropriate to treat their mother disrespectfully. Why give them the opportunity to teach your children that you and the wonderful life you have with Mike and the children is "wicked" or "immoral"??

It will hit them where they live. They think they can get away with treating you like rubbish without any consequences for themselves. Show them that their decision does have consequences to them. If they want to see their grandchildren, they have to treat you decently. No exceptions.

• Pittsburgher
    Pittsburgher

This seems to be a pretty common occurence with friends I grew up with. My experience differs from a lot. My dad is an elder and my immediate family are regular. I was DF'd, reinstated, I have been inactive for about 7 years. My relationship is still great with my family even though they know I do not follow the guidelines any longer. My "wordly" fiancee is welcome in their house and we stay over quite often when visiting (in different rooms). Maybe they are more progressive witnesses? I guess I don't know, but I have noticed that stances on certain things depend on the JW. Who knows, if the rest of the congregation knew of the way they treated me, maybe they would be ridculed.

So anyway, my heart goes out to you and anyone who is "shunned" by their family. Unless you don't like them of course, then I guess it's a blessing :)

• Es
    Es

You had some great points there Scully esp bout disrespecting me, will have to come up with something.

Pits you are so lucky with your family, your parents are what parents should be like, I knew of an elder who stood down so that he could talk to his D\F son, that is to be commended

es

• juni
    juni

Hey ES,

Isn't your dad afraid you'll leave bad cooties at their house?? It gets more absurd doesn't it?

Best to you and yours.

Love, Juni

• Es
    Es

Hey juni yeah i know im shocked too that im actually allowed in there house, im sure it wont last long they will feel guilty for letting me in there house and the next thing I know I wont be allowed hehehe

es

• Paisley
    Paisley

This is sad...it's the fear that many of us live with. You're taking it well Es and I'm glad for your sense of relief. Also very happy that you have your own family with you.

Maybe in time things will change - the others may start to see the real light. Till then, all the best wishes for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit