by Es 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Thanks lisa and qcmbr.

Gorgeous little baby qcmbr so cute :)

es

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Poor guy. Controlled by the Org thinking he's doing what Jehovah wants. Hurting him and you. There is nothing you can do, but it's hurtful and I'm sorry for you and your family, even your Dad.

• Es
    Es

thanks unconfused im the same i dont feel anger anymore just pity for them

es

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

We're thinking of you, Es.
    It hurts like hell, doesn't it? My parents shun us despite the fact we're not Da'ed or Df'ed. My kids are angry and hurt because they've done nothing anyway, they can't see why their g.parents won't visit them or call them.

Look after those gorgeous children of yours and be happy!

Love & Hugs,
    DNC xxxx

• blondie
    blondie

So the elders had a disassociation letter you sent 2 years ago, and are now just following through on it? Holidays and birthdays are such "important" issues to JWs, not the sexual abuse of children. I know of a brother who was df'd because he tried to shoot his wife but not because he sexually abused his children. Only one witness (the victim) would come forward about the abuse. It's a good thing that he was arrested by the police with guns and kidnapped wife.

Are you going to let your children seen your parents? Be careful, they will try to convert them.

Their previous periodic shunning has actually made it a little easier to deal with this new shunning. I'm inactive and my family has been shunning when I was attending all the meetings and going d2d.

Your children and husband are truly your treasure.

Blondie

• geevee
    geevee

Hi Es, Sorry to hear thenews, but then living between the lines is a bother too.

Why after 12 months did your father ring and ask specifically are you celebrating birthdays and christmas? You hadn't heard from him and then he rings. He also loves you....but....
    I realize we all understand where he is coming from, having been that ignorant. Dubz show their love in a funny way dont they?

My in-laws have been frantic in their keeping in touch, but over the last month, we initiate any contact. They are happy enough to see us, spend time with us, but are definitely cutting back on us. My father in-law is a PO in his congo, and his oldest son is an elder there too, so maybe they are subtly putting some heat on him.

Only hope that they see the promises of the wtbts are not worth the paper they are written on before it's too late...[they die!!]

Take care.

• RAF
    RAF

(((Es)))

each time I hear the kind of answer Parents are able say because of this religion ... it still bug's me ... I just don't understand how they can push it so far.

I'm sorry for you ... who knows things can change.

• luna2
    luna2

(((((Es)))))

This is one of those happy/sad type things. Happy that is finally over/Sad that Dad is willing to give up his child for the evil WTS. "No hard feelings"....How gracious of him.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They are the ones missing out on me and to tell you the truth i think they know that, but its never going to change.
    thanks unconfused im the same i dont feel anger anymore just pity for them

These are examples of your good attitude. They are missing out. They are victims of the cult that
    just don't know it. I am sure you will be able to love them, especially when they wake up.

• BrentR
    BrentR

After my daughter was born my wife and I explained to my JW mom that we are a packaged deal. She either accepts all of us or there will be none of us. The grandmother urge was stronger then the JW beliefs were. I had to explain to my mom that my daughter will not be exposed to a toxic environment of minds games and conditional love.

Sometimes you have to force them to put a price on thier goofball doctrines. You can have a screwball belief but we must also make it clear to them that there are consequences to all of them.

It came down to "Mom, do you want to be a grandma to my daughter or not?" It was a yes or no question. She said yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit