My Wife Just Left Me Because of the Evil Watchtower

by rassillon 56 Replies latest jw friends

• rassillon
    rassillon

Hello Everyone,

This is very difficult to write because I am crying. I am normally not the kind of person you will ever see cry because things don't affect me that much but this has got to be the hardest things I have ever went through.

I just got through discussing with my wife my feelings. I guess it has been hard to hid some of the things that I have felt since I have learned that many of the WT teachings are false. I have tried to be supportive because I knew my wife was a die hard witness, we have had a few problems and she packed a few things and left a couple of days ago. This kind of thing had happened a few times before (PMS) but eventually she comes back and everything is OK.
    Never the less I love her because she is such a sweet person. I had hoped to find some sort of middle ground where we could move forward.

Unfortunatly, she just left because she said that she could not live with me because I did not believe. I tried to reason that I has questions and that I was trying to work things out and that it is TRUTH that is important since Jehovah is a God of Truth.

I do not blame her because she is a wonderful person, very sweet and loving. She is misguided by her life in the organization.

It pains me greatly because she so hurt. I just can't stand to see her cry.

There is no room for examining things.

There is no way The Almighty Loving God could approve of an organization which operates like this.

No, she left.

I am a very sad individual.

I cry now but soon I know it will turn to anger.

I hate the WT organization!

Sadly yours, r

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

• parakeet
    parakeet

I'm so sorry, rassillon. It's horrible to be in that much pain.

• rekless
    rekless

Sorry to hear of the bad news. I have not a word to say except. My heart goes out to you.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    There is no way The Almighty Loving God could approve of an organization which operates like this.

There is also no way an Almighty Loving God would approve of her leaving you because of your status in a religion. That is a very unchristian thing to do. I'm sorry for your hurt. I also hope things work out for you.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm not sure what to say to you. I have had a long time marriage dissolve. The pain and guilt is horrible. I may not know what to say, but I know how you feel. I also know that, given time, things get better. Often much better.

S4

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Oh my goodness. I don't know what to say to you big guy, but I sure hope she comes to her senses and returns. The elders shouldn't advise otherwise. Hang in there.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Your breakup is the result of her religious intolerance. But of course the WTS slant will be/is that she is leaving due to your 'dangerous apostasy'. How sad indeed.

I have no magic words here - wish I did. Thoughts [and prayers if you accept that] are with you.

Jeff

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

So sorry!!! Hugs and strength to you!!! I do hope everything turns out all right!

Baba

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Without knowing all your issues, I can say this much.

WTS encourages her to stay with her husband.
    If you want her to return (after waiting an appropriate time for her to do it on her own),
    you can communicate to her that you will not discuss spiritual things with her
    that are against her religion.

Then go to a counselor (clinical, not religious)

Otherwise- I have similar fears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit