My Wife Just Left Me Because of the Evil Watchtower

by rassillon 56 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Ask yourself this: Would you rather be right than happy? Is getting to the bottom of all this creedal crap really worth your marriage? Don't let the WTS's errors comes between you and your wife.

If you really love her, then perhaps it would be best to just stop talking about all your 'questions'. It is obviously really upsetting her. Someone has to compromise.

Work it out together: Perhaps you can promise not to talk about all your 'doubts' anymore and she can promise not to harass you for not going to meetings and FS anymore. Negotiate together on a way forward.

Just a suggestion. Easier said than done.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Very sad for you and your wife. This religion should not break up marriages. I sincerely hope after some cool down time, she will rethink your marriage. Make sure you keep letting her know that you love her and will not let anything come between you. Maybe she will see that she is giving you less than the unconditional love you are willing to give her. Try to take the focus off of religion and avoid talking about it.

I truly hope that she will reconsider and am so sorry for your pain.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

So sorry to hear about this turn of events, R. Many here are feeling for you, but it doesn't take away the tears, does it? May you find comfort from knowing that the Lord cares deeply about you both, and this breaks His heart too. Could you call a sympathetic elder so he can help your wife to see that Jehovah hates it when marriages break up? Or what about a family member? Please keep in touch with your friends here on JWD.

TS

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

(((rass)))

Even the bible didn't tell peole to leave their non-beliving mates.Tell you still love God if you do, but have doubts about the 'human element''ask if she can understand that.

'There's only three ways out getting over a broken heart- outrun it-outlive it-or outgrow it'-'-Whisperin' Bill' Anderson

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I feel your pain more than you can know! When I came out to my wife she also packed up and left, but she eventually came back. We talked, shouted, cried and eventually she came around. Why? Because the evidence that the Watchtower is wrong is insurmountable!

Keep your chin up brother! Things will work out.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am so sorry

Maybe her time away will remind her of your love for her....and that no religion should ever come between you.

Codeblue

• lurker
    lurker

I am sitting here crying with you I am going thru the same thing with my wife. She has not mentioned leaving me but is so blinded by the WT that it is not funny. In your case if she goes to the elders they will send her home to you. Many years ago they would have told her to divorce you but not now. More than likely she will come to her senses and call you. Just keep your head and don't do anything rash to yourself or to hurt your marrige and you should be ok. And yes you are right the organization is bad. This weeks service meeting has a part about people that say they are not interested at the door. One paragraph mentions how the religions are hypocritical. They can not even see the hypocricy right in front of them, very sad.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I have a feeling HER faith in the truth may be weak and that's why you are getting this reaction. Denial comes in many forms.

Hopefully she'll come around.

Good luck!

WLG

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

(((((((((((((((((((((( rassilon ))))))))))))))))))))))))) There are no words....

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm sorry rassilon. You say she has left before? Because of PMS and stuff? This is a problem she has. Don't let it make you feel wrong for being honest. This is a woman who runs away from her relationships whenever things upset her or don't go her way. It's not all just because you have finally stated what you feel about the WT. Even if she hadn't left over this issue, you two still have a problem. Again, I'm sorry, it's just that this pattern of running away for minor reasons kind of struck me as the primary issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit