What do women REALLY want?

by Abandoned 138 Replies latest social relationships

• Golf
    Golf

A lttle craziness in a man!

Golf

• juni
    juni

A man who doesn't take himself too seriously, but is responsible and likes to joke around too.

A man who values your opinion.

A man who treats you like a lady without being controlling or overbearing.

A man who treats others kindly.

A man whom you can trust.

A man who will listen to you even if he doesn't agree or have an answer to a problem.

A man who farts and says excuse me. (Just kidding) well maybe in the company of others.

Juni

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Diamonds has got to be in there somewhere, I would think so my wife has allllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttt of them.

abr

• minimus
    minimus

I think women ONLY want perfection. That's it. Sometimes I think people want what they can't have. I have a friend who is funny, good looking and charming. As soon as a girl likes him, he finds a reason to reject her!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

My advice: cast your net wide.

Sage advice. I think people get too caught up in looking for "the One", or "Mr/Ms Right", believing that they've only got the one big stab at "forever after". Even if the 90/10 rule applies in this case, then 10% of the opposite sex are potentially compatible with you - that's an awful lot of people. Realising that there are a lot of potential matches out there, and that if you blow a conversation with one, (like a bus) there'll be another along shortly. That belief can create an air of confidence (sometimes seen as attractive) and eliminate a sense of desperation (almost always seen as unattractive).

• Stealth
    Stealth
    I think people get too caught up in looking for "the One", or "Mr/Ms Right", believing that they've only got the one big stab at "forever after".

I married Mrs Right. I just didn't know at the time that her first name was Always!

• lola28
    lola28

In my case a 6'4 NBA basketball player......see I'm not picky.

Lola

• restrangled
    restrangled

Love me no matter what, but do not stiffle me. Respect my opinions but you do not have to agree. If I lose my looks as I age, be nice, and I will do the same for you.

I will support you no matter what you choose to do, and of course I expcet the same from you.

I don't need flowers or poems, just your solid male presense protecting me.

As we get older its nice to know that the man I love is still in love with me.

r.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

First, someone male or female must really know themselves, who they are. They then need to be honest with themselves and others. I call this a person's authentic self.

Then one must wait and take it really slow. Meet people, make FRIENDS. No sex on the first date, take your time. Don't compromise. Don't get too intimate with someone who does not share the same interests. I think the saying "opposites attract" is wrong. You may be attracted to them but your going to regret the day you got married at some point.

As many have said women want different things. I wanted someone who had a very close relationship with God that I could measure in some way. Thus I married a pastor who was sincere. He basicaly told me that no one, including me, would come between him and his service to his church. That was proof to me he was sincere.

I also wanted someone easy going, who likes the outdoors, redneck living, can build a horse corral and fix an old truck. Must love dogs, chickens, horses, and children. So I waited for 6 years. I would not even date a guy if after talking to him he said something I knew was a red flag. Them red flags are important.

I also would not date a guy who started with sexual advances. So that eliminated 85% off the top. Sex is great but you can't build a lifelong relationship on just physical satisfaction. What may feel like love may be lust and that disappears after the first big disagreement.

The best thing I ever did was make a standards list of who someone would have to be in order to even date them, then waiting until someone came along who qualified. Was well worth the wait! We are even discussing becoming foster parents since we both adore spending time with children, and they never want to leave when children come to stay with us.

You must have mutual goals too! If one person wants to live in the city and one in the country, one wants to work the same job for 30 years and one wants to travel and work in different places...well you will always be at odds. If one is spontaneous and loves adventure, the other needs a routine...here comes trouble.

So I guess what I am saying is, it is not about what women want, it is about what do YOU want.

• gabriella
    gabriella

I think that alot of the qualities that I like do contradict each other,, I like a good sense of humor, but yet someone that is able to carry on a serious conversation and challenge your mind. A guy who can be sensitive to your needs, but yet strong when you need him to be. Someone who is open and honest but yet maintains a little sense of mystery - suprises you from time to time. Someone who can take his time in the bedroom sometimes, but at other times can just go for it and make you feel like the only woman in the world. Someone who is responsible and financially secure, but not obsessed with money and stuff. Someone who can take you camping and then dress up and go out for a nice dinner. Definitely a heartfelt poem over roses anyday. Wow, looking back over this you guys are right. Speaking for myself, I think that I can be hard to please and a little contradictory. I know that any combination of those qualities would be amazing and once you are in love you don't look bad over your list and say "he has all of these qualities, but not that one." I always concentrate on the positive qualities and appreciate every moment. Just my two cents,,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit