What do women REALLY want?

by Abandoned 138 Replies latest social relationships

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Well anyway. If anyone is still interested in knowing (i.e. if this thread hasn't already been completely overrun by lunatics) what a woman wants, what got my attention was sexy flirtatiousness, and utter confidence on the part of the man, a total "bad boy," but as soon as we started talking, he made it clear what he wants and who he is, and didn't play any games with me or my heart.

He listens, he gives his opinion, he doesn't always try to "fix" my problems, but just understands that sometimes I just need a listening ear. He is who he is and is not afraid to be himself. He is fun, funny, spontaneous, independent, and responsible. He doesn't take himself or others too seriously, but speaks his mind on important matters and understands when there's a time to be serious. He knows and values the importance of communication.

He isn't afraid to tell the world that I'm his girl, and is man enough to make sure I know it too, so I don't run off and look for what I want and need somewhere else.

Be yourself, Abandoned. Just be yourself, and learn to love yourself, and you will find the woman who deserves all that you are because she appreciates all that you are.

• Gill
    Gill

I can only speak for myself but, I want and receive from my man, love, respect and freedom. I like him to pretend that he's listening when I'm rambling on... and of course I do the same.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi ab, Men have been asking this for centuries. Here's the medieval legend I mentioned in chat last night that has AN answer. http://www.lone-star.net/mall/literature/gawain.htm

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Women and men are not really that different.

Love, Sex, Security, Intellectual stimulation.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

::Women and men are not really that different.

Thank you. The differences are wonderful, but at our core, we're far more alike than different.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

"What do women REALLY want?"

To know and love themselves. Everything else is gravy.

"You think I give myself to you?
    Not so my friend you do not see
    My single purpose and intent-
    To make you give myself to me"

Nora Cunningham

"If you cannot inspire a woman with love of you, fill her above the brim with love of herself; all that runs over will be yours."

Charles Caleb Colton

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

A man who is confident, knows what he wants, has healthy self-esteem, not jealous/controlling, does not owe past-due child support!, a good father, does not carry a bunch of past relationship baggage around, knows how to make a woman feel special & loved.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I've heard it all: sincerity, honesty, security, money, love, romance, flowers, poems, promises, and more. But, in my arguably limited experience, I've been shot down while doing all of these (at differnt times obviously). So, what do women REALLY want?

This is your problem. You're too concerned about making women happy with all of the things you've mentioned. It's HER job to make herself happy. You're just there to be a companion to her, and to have a good time with her. Giving her all the crap that you mentioned above to make her happy won't do anything but make you frustrated and broke.

Nobody, including women can be happy 100% of the time, and there's nothing you can do about it. Quit worrying about what women want and focus on what YOU want. Women don't need a man to be the source of their happiness, they can be quite content on their own. All you're there to do is enhance her life, and your presence alone can accomplish that.

• serendipity
    serendipity

NOS: Women don't need a man to be the source of their happiness, they can be quite content on their own. All you're there to do is enhance her life, and your presence alone can accomplish that.

Finally, NOS posts something I can agree with. ;-)

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

He listens, he gives his opinion, he doesn't always try to "fix" my problems, but just understands that sometimes I just need a listening ear. He is who he is and is not afraid to be himself. He is fun, funny, spontaneous, independent, and responsible. He doesn't take himself or others too seriously, but speaks his mind on important matters and understands when there's a time to be serious. He knows and values the importance of communication.

He isn't afraid to tell the world that I'm his girl, and is man enough to make sure I know it too, so I don't run off and look for what I want and need somewhere else.

Be yourself, Abandoned. Just be yourself, and learn to love yourself, and you will find the woman who deserves all that you are because she appreciates all that you are.

AMEN! That's the best one yet. Look for a woman that makes YOU happy ... And give plenty of attention when you are together. Don't be nagging and clingy -- just when she's there, pretend that she's the only thing that matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit