What do women REALLY want?

by Abandoned 138 Replies latest social relationships

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Ok, I've heard it all: sincerity, honesty, security, money, love, romance, flowers, poems, promises, and more. But, in my arguably limited experience, I've been shot down while doing all of these (at differnt times obviously). So, what do women REALLY want?

• Schism
    Schism

Not all women want the same thing.

The only thing I ever looked for in a guy was the ability to deliver great sex!!! Roses are such a turn-off to me. But then again, I am not every woman.

Why do you ask this?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Well every woman is different, like every man is different.

For me, here is my list: I hate flowers; I like poems but only after I have gotten to know the guy and he is not writing all the time because he is frightened to tell me how he feels because one on one communication is important; someone who is caring; someone who is not selfish; someone who can have a convo about a variety of subjects; someone who is not a hot head; someone who is social; someone who is funny but does not need to be the center of attention; no one who is needy or clingy; someone who believes in taking it slow .... I am not speaking of sex but rather the guy that goes on three dates with ya and then says you are the most amazing women he has ever met and he wants to marry you because that will run me off in a second; a guy who works crazy hours but when it is time to let loose he can do so; someone who can hold their own in a social setting; someone who can handle a strong woman and not feel threatened or become a wimp but also not try to dominate me;

I am sure I have left something out. But that is my list.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

For one, a woman who actually knows what she wants and communicates that to you is essential if it's a longterm relationship you want. Women are different and what they want can depend on what type of relationship they want in their life at a particular time.

Most important, what do YOU want in a woman?

• Schism
    Schism

Thanks looking glass, I'm glad I'm not the only chick who hates flowers!

I have given it some thought, and I've come up with the things I personally like in a guy (besides sex).

Funny is good, clingy is bad. Macho is horrid. Show-offs are gross. Guys who are smart and witty, awesome. Guys who check out the waitress, .

A guy who can have the perfect balance of pervertedness is the best. A guy who acts sloppy and nasty is gross, but a guy who can hint around about what he'd like to do to me in the sack is so SEXY!! I mean, mentioning handcuffs on the first date with a sly smirk is beyond perfection.

I am not too big on guys who like to tell me I am the greatest girl ever. How could anyone know that? It just sounds like sucking up. I'd rather a guy to keep that mushy stuff to himself.

But like I said, not all women are the same. You gotta find a girl and read her personality before talking about handcuffs because you could terrify the poor thing!!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

What women want can possibly be distilled down to a single word of the English language. Possibly. But as has been pointed out to me today by women in another thread, women don't generally process by logic, and the words derivative/derived of such logic. So even if I were to put the word out there, I imagine it would be strenuously denied. And rightly so, because individuals would probably not "feel" the word the way I understand its meaning in this sphere.

Women will often tell you they are looking for a nice guy. But that's crap. Well maybe partially true given the logic vs emotion thing again. Women don't generally need "nice" - they generally provide that aspect in relationships - think about it, the wife/mother is generally the "nice" one. Guys who try to be "nice" end up seeming whimpy and clingy, and women don't generally like those qualities in a man.

• Schism
    Schism

So Steph, are you saying that women generally like men who are mean?

Because if you use logic, nice = not mean.

Don't say women generally don't use logic. Logic is my middle name!! My other middle name is perv...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Don't say women generally don't use logic. Logic is my middle name!!

Refer to the other gender generalisation thread, the one about men being intimidated by women. I was taken to task for using logic in that one. But there's more than one kind of logic. Take your dichotomous view that anything other than "nice" must be "mean". But there is a whole range of human behaviour, emotions and attitudes. Other than "nice" can be "attractive", "confident", "stable". Heck, how many women say they want a man who "smells good"??

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Heck, how many women say they want a man who "smells good"??

Hey I did on a topic a couple of weeks ago. Love my man to smell good...very sexy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Success..Good sex..To be treated like a lady...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit