Whats wrong with Hooters?

by pobthespazz 116 Replies latest jw friends

• R6Laser
    R6Laser
    I always thought that Hooters was a place for men who were too gutless to go to a real strip club. I went there one time, the waitress was a snot, the food was miserable, and I have never had the desire to go back.

You must never been to a strip club to make a comment like this. Nothing in commong between the two. Hooters I've been at have been full with famiiles, even kids and what is wrong with the waitresses wearing tight shirts and shorts? Are we so scared of the female body you have to compare it to a strip club? Last time I checked strip clubs are usually fully nude or topless and they're agenda is to get you to spend money on dances. Hooters on the other hand is a fast food joint.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

So are the hooters.

• blondie
    blondie

"Hooters" don't turn me on but if they had waiters like this as well:

http://www.cmpentertainment.com/furniture/images/press/269_Chippendales%20High%20Res.jpg

• Jourles
    Jourles

If you have a wife/girlfriend that refuses to step into a Hooter's restaurant, because of the name, then the next time you are in the Florida area(or Dallas), stop in to a WingHouse. They are basically a direct ripoff of Hooters - right down to the thick epoxy that covers the tables. Instead of the girls wearing that god-awful orange outfit, their girls wear black. The first time I ever went to a WingHouse(the one in Altamonte Springs, FL), I thought they bought an old Hooters building, literally. They are that close in comparison.

Blondie - Shame on you!

• jstalin
    jstalin

I'm gay and I like to go to Hooters. I'm probably the only guy in the place (along with my boyfriend) who is actually there for the food.

• serendipity
    serendipity

There's another Hooters knockoff called Peaks. Same concept.

• frozen one
    frozen one

I've been to Hooters a couple of times. I thought the chicken was too much like Banquet. The servers were friendly enough. Most servers understand the direct correlation between friendliness and tip size. Speaking of tips, Hooters was sued by a former employee who was terminated after he complained about a suggestion made by a Hooters manager. The suggestions were ways Hooters' waitresses could make more money. Here's the link (might be offensive to some):

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0414061hooters1.html

• undercover
    undercover
    I always thought that Hooters was a place for men who were too gutless to go to a real strip club. I went there one time, the waitress was a snot, the food was miserable, and I have never had the desire to go back.

You must never been to a strip club to make a comment like this. Nothing in commong between the two. Hooters I've been at have been full with famiiles, even kids and what is wrong with the waitresses wearing tight shirts and shorts? Are we so scared of the female body you have to compare it to a strip club? Last time I checked strip clubs are usually fully nude or topless and they're agenda is to get you to spend money on dances. Hooters on the other hand is a fast food joint.

True, Hooters is not the same as a strip club...but there are a lot of guys who, for one reason or another, can't or won't go into a strip club but who will go to Hooters...and not just for the wings either.

I've always said that Hooters was a godsend (or would that be a Jehovahsend) to the JW male(or any other poor soul trapped in a cult-like environment). Strip clubs are definitely on the list of no-nos for a "Christian" to visit. But...a Hooters...well, to the ultra conservative, it might be out, but the liberal JW who could rationalize it away that it was a restaurant, they could get their voyeuristic jollies by going to Hooters.

I'm not that impressed with Hooters (the restaurant..let's just clarify that). The food is mediocre at best. If I want wings, I'll got to a real wing joint. If I want to leer at girls in revealing clothes (or no clothes), I'll go to a strip club.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

we..my wife and i..always went to hooters when in the us...i liked the burgers she liked other stuff

the last time we were there..at the one in orlando..near to upside down toy shop?? and the imex cinema....one of the large breasted short skirted, skin tight t shirt wearing girls was reading 'mankinds search for god' between customers

fair made our day

• Warlock
    Warlock

Every pair I've ever felt seemed fine to me, so the answer to the question is: NOTHING.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit