Whats wrong with Hooters?

by pobthespazz 116 Replies latest jw friends

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

We are missing out here!

We usually get all of the crass, hedonistic, shit sent to us from the USA but I don't think we've got one yet.

• blondie
    blondie

Hooters launches in Australia

Casual beach-themed restaurant brand Hooters, which is established in over 420 locations worldwide, has announced the successful launch of its concept in Australia where its first restaurant has achieved the highest international opening seven-day sales record (Aus$115,000). The restaurant is located in Parramatta, Sydney and is the first of five restaurants planned to open in Australia and New Zealand by the end of 2007. http://www.eatability.com.au/au/sydney/hooters_parramatta.htm

Hooters Parramatta

132 James Ruse Drv
    Parramatta NSW 2150

Phone (02) 9633 5160

"Based on the sales from the Parramatta restaurant, we are very confident that Hooters will do well in the Australia market," says Hooters of America EVP of Franchise Operations John Weber.

Adds Hooters of Australia and New Zealand spokesperson Michael Flinn: "We are very pleased with the success of our first opening in Australia. Through the tireless efforts of our employees, customers have given us very positive feedback on their dining experience, which is reflected in our record setting sales. We feel strongly that this will be the first of many successful openings scheduled throughout Australia and New Zealand in the near future."

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Blondie, you sinner....

• seawolf
    seawolf
    It just so happens that seeing a girl in a tight outfit isn't illegal or immoral.

alt

A girl in a tight outfit is indeed immoral and very wrong. She should be covered head to toe and avoided at all costs.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Seawolf is in fact Pat Robberson. Ah, that explains so many things.... LOL

• Gill
    Gill

Abandoned! I meant no insult to you and I'm sure there are many people who enjoy seeing a fellow human being as a 'thing' to excite and titilate them and it does no harm to them or the 'thing'. However, there are too many mentally disturbed men and women in the world who view the 'thing' that excites them as just that, a 'thing'.

Those are the ones we need to be concerned about.....not you.

• Gill
    Gill

Actually, having re read that last post, I hope you and everyone does not find it insulting. But the minority of people in the world cause the majority of trouble. What is innocent to the majority is misinterpreted and corrupted by a minority.

Having three sons, and two daughters, I wouldn't want them to view their fellow humans, be it a man or a woman as just a little bit of fun to see scantily clad. I would like them to have more respect, and that is all that I would want to say on that.

I am positive that to the majority, 'Hooters' is a harmless pass time. It's those scary minority people, men and women that are the problem.

Because you are so 'normal' and don't have a warped view on your waitresses is probably why you don't see such a place as a problem. For that, you deserve respect.

No offence to anyone intended here.

As I have said, and I repeat, the influence on the minority of warped men and women is the problem.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Hooters is successful because a majority of men see women as a "thing", and not of the same value as a normal person (i.e. fellow men). I used to think the place was just great, until I learned a lot more about people and why we do the things we do. I started to view women differently, as well as how myself and fellow "men" treat them.

Women who work there have no respect for themselves, in general. Maybe 2-5% are working there to get to a better place, the rest couldn't get a job doing anything else that required real skill or talent, or are to lazy to do so.

I feel sorry for the guy who has to go eat crappy food so some brain dead fake-ass girl in an ugly uniform will say more than two words to him just so she can get a bigger tip.

WLG

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have to say that I agree with you, Gill. I have spent several hours commenting on threads like this, in the past, speaking on the objectification of women.

Like Wanderlust, I feel that the number of men and boys that are objectifying young women is more than a minority.

WanderLust, I find your post refreshing. It's always great to see a guy turn that corner in his thinking.

A place like Hooters is based on the same basic concept as a strip club: horny people, mostly men, who want to go out somewhere, sit back on their backsides and be titilated by scantily clad attractive young women. Here in Grand Rapids, strip clubs serve full meals and have buffets. The girls do not strip completely naked and they do not give lap dances. Interesting to note that none of the clubs here are called something unsexy and childish like Hooters. Parkway Tropics, the trashier of the two clubs and Sensations, the so called *cough* "gentlemen's club" nudge, nudge.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Actually, having re read that last post, I hope you and everyone does not find it insulting. But the minority of people in the world cause the majority of trouble. What is innocent to the majority is misinterpreted and corrupted by a minority.

It's not insulting it's just where do you draw the line when determining what's going to cause trouble? Some have trouble with sex. Some have trouble with holidays. Some have trouble with model glue. Do we get rid of sex, holidays, and model glue? Maybe we should confront those who are having sex, enjoying holidays, or using model glue to make sure they are all doing those things for the right purpose. Where does it end?

If you don't like the idea of a woman wearing a tight shirt and serving food to people who might enjoy their meal a little more because they enjoy the scenery, then check out Denny's. I've never had an immoral thought at Denny's. And, I've had quite a few good meals. I still can't order a Rutti Tutti Fresh and Fruity unless I just point at it on the menu, but that's my battle. The point is that there's a chasm between a woman wearing a tight outfit and walking around naked. Teaching a kid who to trust is more important than teaching them to avoid people like Hooter waitresses. The one can protect their life, the other can instill a sense of self-righteousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit