Whats wrong with Hooters?

by pobthespazz 116 Replies latest jw friends

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

why is "hooters" wrong but "boobs" aren't

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    It's not pubescent to like boobs. It's pubescent to call them hooters and name a restaurant hooters. That's embarrassing to a lot of us Americans. Nothing wrong with pretty girls, just kind of tacky calling their breasts hooters. It's the word I have a problem with, not the breasts. I have a pair of them myself.

OK, I'll buy this if you can honestly say you've never referred to the mail dohickey as another, less respectful name. Go ahead, I trust you, it's on the honor system here.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    It's not pubescent to like boobs. It's pubescent to call them hooters and name a restaurant hooters. That's embarrassing to a lot of us Americans. Nothing wrong with pretty girls, just kind of tacky calling their breasts hooters. It's the word I have a problem with, not the breasts. I have a pair of them myself.

Yeah ... a restaurant called "BREASTS" would go over a lot better, I think! Not! I don't like it when men refer to them as "hooters" either, really. It's about a step up from calling them "tiddies".

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

pobthespazz-is this the same UK that gave us Benny Hill? What happened?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    why is "hooters" wrong but "boobs" aren't

Didn't say boobs was the most pleasant nick name for them either. But can you imagine naming a restaurant Boobies? I'd rather hear you call them tits than hooters, sorry, but hooters just sounds like a few middle school boys talking trash over an issue of Playboy. Come to think of it, a restaurant called Titties sounds kind of raunchy.

I would never advocate calling a restaurant Cocks or Dicks.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I would never advocate calling a restaurant Cocks or Dicks.

Nah, maybe not, but I bet you'd go on girl's night out.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

The great Sir Benny Hill was knighted last year and is now working with Boneo, and Sir Bob Geldof , to help the starving in Africa.

• Scully
    Scully
    The great Sir Benny Hill was knighted last year and is now working with Boneo, and Sir Bob Geldof , to help the starving in Africa.

An amazing feat, considering he died in 1992.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I was in San Antonio one time down on the River Walk, and there is this restaurant called "Dick's" (or at least there use to be). There were a bunch of college kids at the restaurant eating out on the patio, and as the boats passed, the girls would scream "Eat at Dick's!" and the boys would scream "Eat mine!"

I don't why I thought to post that memory but there it is!

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Thats sad,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit